Quantcast

Netflix not working anymore

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by zev, Dec 9, 2011.

1. zev

zev New Member

Up until about 1 week ago, Netflix worked perfectly on my Sony Google TV. But now, it virtually useless. Movies, if they load, play for 1 min, then freeze. The internet connection is fine. I rebooted many times, I can access and play Netflix from my computer. So...why! :confused: can I not use Netflix anymore? Was there an update that caused this? Is Google TV aware of any other issues like this. Could it be my TV which is only a few months old.

Please help! :(

Zev

2. comp1977

comp1977 New Member

why is it not working ?? someone please ..

3. Jaybo903

Jaybo903 New Member

I'm having the exact same problem. Anybody know a fix?

4. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

I'm having almost the same problem. I launch Netflix, I get the splash screen then, a black screen. No clue on what's up because a hour or later, it works prefectly.

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you tried going to netflix on your computer and go to "your account and help" and choose "Manage netflix ready devices and computers" and choose "Disconnect devices" and try re-signing into your netflix account?

Also if you don't want to do that, search the forums for the key combo to remove netflix from the google tv if you have a lot of devices that use netflix and only want to remove the google tv to see if that is the problem.

6. johnnysocko

johnnysocko New Member

My Netflix App started to exhibit a nice new behavior this morning NSZ-GT1 box.

I thought it wasn't working altogether - but what isn't working is the pointer support - it constantly displays the "stop" icon and doesn't respond to any clicks.

Tabbing through and hitting enter works.

App "Options" gives none except "Exit Netflix"

I rebooted the device (ctrl-alt-backspace)

I found the overall app servicing menu and blew away all the associated NF data and cache, it required me to re-register, and still, no pointer support.

Is it just me?

7. 1jeffsurvant

1jeffsurvant New Member

ya where is the support?

8. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

My Netflix App started to exhibit a nice new behavior this morning NSZ-GT1 box.

I thought it wasn't working altogether - but what isn't working is the pointer support - it constantly displays the "stop" icon and doesn't respond to any clicks.

Tabbing through and hitting enter works.

App "Options" gives none except "Exit Netflix"

I rebooted the device (ctrl-alt-backspace)

I found the overall app servicing menu and blew away all the associated NF data and cache, it required me to re-register, and still, no pointer support.

Is it just me?

Hi

Netflix, as I've noticed w/many other Apps, does not respond to the enter or mouse/click keys. You must navigate using the Directional Keys. The OK and Back keys will work. And of course the FWW, REW and Pause keys. You must use the window key to exit and close the App.

Carl

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Heh. I don't know whether or not to reply to you. It seems like you finally figured out that Netflix on Google TV only responds to the D-Pad and its selection key.

10. Carlszone

Correction:

Netflix, as I've noticed w/many other Apps, does not respond to the enter or mouse/click keys.

The Enter key works on Netflix.

Carl

11. 1jeffsurvant

1jeffsurvant New Member

I need clarification d pad? is that my sony remote? my pointer is non existent also. who has fixed their netflix issue with google smart tv for the sony nsx-46gt1? thanks jeff

12. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

How about this?

13. 1jeffsurvant

1jeffsurvant New Member

yep tech challenged here gonna go 4 hbo go and now not too confident

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  14. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Technically, it is not supposed to do anything to you. There's no usable pointer in Netflix. So, it is supposed to change the focus within the Netflix app.

Me neither. If you can't get the Netflix to work then I'm not sure the HBO Go web app is going to be any different.

15. clemchild

clemchild New Member

same issue here....worked for a couple of times now I get unable to connect to netflix message....anyone?

16. Carlszone

This may not be of much help, and I trully can't understand why your directional keys aren't working for ya on Netflix. But I got the shocker of my Logitech Revue so far. I read two posts. One where someone was complaining about an App for a Instant Movie site. Another where someone was praising it's Prime service.

Thought I'd check it out. Smoothest movie I've ever watched on-line to date. I used my keyboard to pause (a lil tricky til ya get the hang of it.) Rew and Ffw. I paused it for about an hour and resumed play smoothly. And the movie selection was outta this world. I actually bought the movie and they added it to their on-line video library automatically.

Good bye Netflix, Hello Amazon Prime Instant Video.

Each movie I clicked offered a trailer so I could test whether my Revue would play it. Don't know their Error msgs yet because I've never experienced one.

Waiver:

This is not spam! I am in no way affiliated w/the above company or have any interest in the sale, use, or promotion of its services. Just a friendly user passing on a site that works!

Carl

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  17. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Are you folks that are having trouble with netflix using the d pad pushed down to exit netflix each time you use it or doing something else to close the program. The reason I ask is I push the D pad down to bring up the exit netflix message and then use the other pad with enter on it to select ok to close netflix and have yet to have a problem with netflix.

18. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Just to be clear there's only one Directional Pad (D-Pad) on the Sony Google TV remote, and that's the set of controls on the upper left-hand side. The other set of buttons on the opposite side is not a D-Pad. Even though it is symmetrical in design, the buttons do not control the focus of the on-screen selections.

On the top right-hand side from the top going clockwise the buttons are GTV Home, GTV PiP, GTV Menu, GTV Back and in the center you have a button which doubles as a mouse click and an Optica Finger Sensor (OFS). The mouse click and the OFS are only relevant to the on-screen mouse pointer and has no relationship to the on-screen focus which is controlled by the D-Pad on the opposite side.

So, in other words you're actually pressing GTV Menu to bring up Netflix Options. This gives you a single option to "Exit Netflix". However, you can also long key press either [Esc] or GTV Back and an "Exit Netflix?" popup window will give you an option of "Ok" or "Cancel".

• Like Like x 2
  19. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Thanks eferez - I had the d pad mixed up with the optical finger sensor. Yes I press the GTV Menu to bring up the exit netflix option when I want to close netflix.

• Like Like x 2
  20. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome, tralluyus. Glad to help.