Quantcast

Netflix not updating

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by sniper1087, Apr 16, 2012.

1. sniper1087

sniper1087 New Member

Well I have tried just about everything I can but I still have the Old UI and cannot get it updated, and since is not an app I cannot go to the play store and uninstall and reinstall any help would be appreciated, and yes I have done 2 factory reset and several clear cashed and data, to see if it updates by chance, but no luck.

here is a picture:

$CAM00008.jpg

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Btw, before trying the steps below, could you verify Netflix App version number (it should be version 3.1.3 or higher) - for Application info - click here

Try this, (if the version# lower than 3.1.3)
    • Deactivate (unlink) Netflix Account - click here.
    • Perform a Factory-Reset & Create a new "Google Account" at sign-in - click here.
    • Wait 30min before re-activating Netflix Account (From the time of Deactivation).

Good luck

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Go to: http://account.netflix.com/ContactUs?lnkceData=20&lnkce=ftrlnk&trkid=425897
    Click on 'Call Customer Service' at bottom of the page:
    1-800-585-7265
    Write down service code

The CSR should take you through a series of troubleshooting steps which include deactivating and reactivating the App. Make sure you do a speed test before calling. The CSR will read what the App is showing as your connection speed. It will be false. I was running 8 mbps up. The App had a connection reading of 2.4 mbps.

And if you happen to get a smarta$$ CSR that deflects the problem to Logitech, Sony, or Google ask to speak to a supervisor or hang up and call again to speak to another Customer Service Rep. Make sure to get the name of the agent.

The main problem all along has been with us! All these self fixes and clearing of Apps running in the background. What are we thinking of??? If we don't collectively call everytime that App acts up, how will Netflix know our only means of using a paid service on GTV isn't working correctly.

The last CSR begged me to get everyone who has experienced even one error msg or had the loading bar not fully load on the first click to please call it in. Netflix, like most other companies can only escalate problems when the numbers meet a certain criteria.

Carl

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Btw, the above image (CAM00008.jpg) you've posted looks like a snapshot of Netflix App latest UI in version 3.1.3 (on Revue).

So, double check & verify the version number of Netflix App on your Revue - for how to check it click here.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012