Quantcast

Netflix not playing in full screen

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by jralabate, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jralabate

jralabate New Member

I have a Logitech Revue and Netflix will not play in full screen I get black bars on too and button. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my NS4G powered by AOKP ICS

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

The Netflix App doesn't have any option other than full screen. The black bars may be caused by the movie itself.

Have you checked your Resolution settings. From Home settings go to System Settings, then TV resolution. I have mine set to 720 (Auto). This allows for the resolution to display in the best format for videos. Some movies will have the Black Bars because they are in wide screen mode. Other programs like Netflix TV shows will display in full screen. Some sites will allow you to choose. Netflix ain't one of em.

Carl

3. jralabate

jralabate New Member

Ty for the info

Sent from my NS4G powered by AOKP ICS

4. ytkuser

ytkuser New Member

hey i been wondering this myself i have a sony nsx-40gt1 and i to cant get full screen for netflix but yet i found this on sony support site for sony internet tv and i cant find these buttons on my sony google tv remote but this is the steps they say is suppose to work for netflix. copyed from sony support. can someone point me to how i find this on my sony google tv remote. i have tried the up and down arrows around the enter key no go all they do is send me back to video selection. i cant find the options key it talks about? anyone have a clue it's suppose to work.
    The Wide Mode feature is not available while using the Netflix video-on-demand service.
    Solution

As part of the normal operation of the TV, the Wide Mode feature is disabled while any of the BRAVIA Internet Video channels are being used.

There are a couple of options to adjust the size of the video you are watching. By pressing the up arrow or down arrow button on the TV remote control you can increase the size of the video to fill the screen or decrease the size of the video and the image will appear only in the center of the screen.

Pressing the up arrow will zoom in and make the video bigger.
    Pressing the down arrow will zoom out and make the video smaller.
    Alternatively, the video size can be adjusted by doing the following:

Begin playing the video.
    On the TV remote control, press the OPTIONS button.
    Press the down arrow button to select Full Screen or Actual Size .
    Press the Enter button.
    IMPORTANT: The size of the video cannot be made larger than full screen or smaller than actual size.

5. Carlszone

It just doesn't make sense, unless it is talking about adjusting your TV resolution from 720p to 820i. which cannot change the default format. It only will allow for Netflix Movies and Shows to be shown in their orig format as I mentioned above. If a movie is presented in Wide screen or Full screen format, then that is what you will see. If your resolution settings prevents this then you will only see movies in 720p.

No remote can change the format of a Netflix video.

Unless...something new is out there or I'm missing something. You should be able to post the Sony site now.

Carl

6. Carlszone

Oh, I get it. Yeah, you can enlarge and smallify videos as well as pages using CTRL + the Up or Down Directional key. But that will not change the format of the movie or show. And it will ultimately distort video clarity. And this must be done w/videos that allow for the small screen player like Youtube. Apps generally cannot be enlarged or smallified using the CTRL feature.

Carl

7. ytkuser

ytkuser New Member

i will try this CTRL + up and see if it works thanks for tip :)

8. ytkuser

ytkuser New Member

:( no go for that function here oh well i guess seeing it in its original format is not all that bad. i see what you mean by it distorting the image i just tried what you said on my xbox 360 app out in my other room and boy it made people look fat and stretched i think i will stick with the whey it was intended to be seen.