Quantcast

Netflix - no longer available on Google TV?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by S3quattro, Mar 1, 2013.

1. S3quattro

S3quattro New Member

Hi,

I'm new to the forums.

I've had the NSZ GS7 for a few months now and have been happily using netflix for the entire time.
    This morning I went to put a program on and get an error of "unable to connect to netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp."

Ive had a few errors in the past after OS updates and all I've had to do is delete the data from the app and re login. This did not solve anything this time so I thought I would remove and reinstall but netflix no longer shows up in the play store when accessing from the GTV box. It's working fine on my nexus 7 and iPhone so the service is up and running.

In the play store netflix doesn't show up in installed apps, even though it's installed, and when looking at all apps there is the message " your device isn't compatible with this version "
    I hope it's a mistake and they are not blocking the Sony box from having netflix are they?

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. S3quattro

S3quattro New Member

The apps started working again but it's still showing as incompatible with this device in the play store. Maybe it's being updated but no options to install fresh at the moment

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The Netflix app in the Play Store is incompatible with Google TV and I have never known a compatible Google TV Netflix app to be available there but I guess I could have missed it. The Google TV Netflix apps I have used come with the device.

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I've noticed w/the newer devices, when a preinstalled app does not automatically update after an upgrade, the prompt to update the app will take you to the Google Play Store. You should be able to just click on update. If not, from Home Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, scroll down to Netflix and clear recent updates.

Carl

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

1) First try rebooting your NSZ-GS7 and also rebooting your router.

2) If still not fixed try a factory reset and then see if the preinstalled version of Netflix works.

3) If still not working then try setting a static IP.

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Or first, try to reset GS7 (a quick hardware reset - not a factory reset) - click here

good luck :)

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to remove Netflix App?

7. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

The only problem I have with the Netflix app is I have to force close it after watching a program.I usually use my Roku for that but was too lazy to get out of the floor to retrieve the remote.While surfing the netfilix app would pop up on its on.If you removed the app from the home page by accident a factory reset should suffice.BTW after a factory reset the GS7 operates a little smoother.

• Like Like x 2
  8. pandrew

pandrew New Member

This may help some Google TV owners who are not able to get into NetFlix. I have tried all of the solutions out there and none worked. I have not been able to use NetFlix for a couple of months and spradically for about a year. Today I decided to go into NetFlix through the Chrome app on the TV and it WORKED!!! I have tried that before and it would not let me although today it did.