Quantcast

Netflix items in the search results wont launch

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by hernan43, Sep 3, 2011.

1. hernan43

hernan43 New Member

I can't seem to find anything online or in these forums about this, so I'm thinking that it is something I am doing wrong. When I search for tv shows using the generic search bar some of them will be netflix items as expected. If I click on those it will tell me it is going to launch them in Netflix, but it just takes me to the Netflix web site.

If I try to launch them from the website it just launches the Netflix application and takes me to the home screen. Should I not be using the Netflix items that appear in the general search? The Netflix application's search works fine.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I've never actually found an Netflix related link using the Google TV Search. Can you give me an example, I'd like to exam them for myself. As for using the website links to actuate the movies, I don't think the Netflix app on Google TV has been fully flushed out to support url linking as it does for the Android tablets and mobile phones.

3. hernan43

hernan43 New Member

For example my daughter wanted to watch Angelina Ballerina. I typed it into the search bar and selected the option to search for video items. In the results if I select one of them it tells me all of the different sources for a various item. One of the options being Netflix, I select that and it launches the Netflix website. I had just assumed it meant the Netflix app. I'm guessing the coupling isn't there yet.