Quantcast

Netflix Issues

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by ron, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ron

ron New Member

Recently I have run into a major problem watching Netflix movies through my Google TV box. When the movie loads and I hit the play button, I get an error that says " we're having trouble playing this selection at this time, please choose another." No matter what movie I choose, this continues to come up, not allowing me to play any movie at all. I've contacted Netflix and they tell me that the signal may be weak. I find this hard to believe because it's been working for the past year with no problems at all, and nothing has changed on my system network. I reinstalled my Cisco e1000 router software to no avail. I unplugged the power on both the router, modem and Google box, and rebooted them. That didn't work. I disconnected my Roku box that's in another room and that didn't work. Netflix plays fine on that TV, and everything else works fine on the Google TV box. I am out of options and could use some help fixing this problem.
    I considered uninstalling Netflix from the GTV box, but I am wondering how I can reinstall it. I don't see Netflix as a download in the Android Google market.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You can't install Netflix from the Android Market, because that version is only for the ARM based tablets and phones. The Netflix app for Google TV is distributed with its operating system.

Not sure about your problem though. Have you tried using wired connection to see if there's a difference? You might consider contacting Logitech's technical support.

3. ron

ron New Member

I contacted Sony. They showed me how to reset the Google box to the factory settings. It worked! They said that it was probably a glich in the Netflix app. Once system was working, I had to reinstall my bookmarks which was not a real problem at all. Thanks for the information though.

4. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

How do you do a factory reset?

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

GTV Settings > Privacy & security > Factory reset.

6. ron

ron New Member

On GTV box, click on privacy and security setting. Then click on reset. It's that simple. Yes you lose all your bookmarks and downloads, but they are easy to install once the system resets.

7. GoogleHeadTV

GoogleHeadTV New Member

Sorry to tell you it may still happen..I did the factory reset and everything and it happened yesterday and it's been happening for the last several weeks..
    definately a glitch with the app or with 3.1 didn't happen with 2.1

8. srp204

srp204 New Member

I have an android TV box and every time I clicked Netflixit would start then return to the home screen, when I went to play store it said Netflix was installed already. I clicked uninstall and removed Netflix then reinstalled it and it took me to the signing and worked. Since I got it from Amazon I suspect the Netflix was for another country. I notice the keyboard defaults to Chinese too. The one I bought last week defaults to English and Netflix just needed my signing to work.