Quantcast

NetFlix Issues?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by DalGoda, Nov 6, 2011.

1. DalGoda

DalGoda New Member

Has anyone else noticed that the NetFlix app is much slower and difficult to use after the upgrade? The menu is non-existent and scrolling is terribly sluggish. Trying to find the "What's New" page was pointless. Yes, I was able to eventually find something to look at and it ran just fine, but the app itself is just less than it once was.

Just curious if it was just me, or if anyone else is frustrated. (Sony Google TV)

Cheers!

2. pinot

pinot New Member

I can't get netflix to load at since Android upgrade on 11/3/11. Hour spent with two Sony techs yielded only 'we're working on it. '
    Everything worked great prior to this upgrade on both 40'' and 32'' Sony Google TVs . Had been telling everyone how much I liked these internet TVs. No more. What gives? Will I ever get to use Netflix subscription again? Who compensates for the inconvenience?

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Okay, I know you had spend many hours on the phone but have you tried these steps?

4. avitas

avitas New Member

My Netflix just would not load today. I was watching different videos fine last night but today it just would not load at all. I have the Revue so it's not like I had an Android upgrade... :(

5. bfly4life

bfly4life New Member

I am having the same problem with opening Netflix. Everytime i click on the app, it brings me to a page that says "Sorry, we are unable to connect you to Netflix at this time." then it gives me the option of exiting or trying again. When i do the up up down down left right left right code it brings up a screen that shows a description of the error, but doesnt give me the option of deactivating anything. I have tried all of the other remedies(restarting the tv, unplugging the tv and internet router, doing a factory rester) but nothing is working. I called netflix and they said i was having an internet connection problem but i am able to use the internet and other apps on the tv. Please help

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Couple of questions:

1. What is the exact syntax of the error message in place of the deactivation screen?
    2. What were the results of the other three steps as mentioned above?

7. zen2go

zen2go New Member

Had similar errors a few days ago. After clearing the cache and force stop the program the app started working again. However, every now and then the Loading would hang and I would have to do another Force Stop. Not sure what the problem is, but it's so annoying.

8. bfly4life

bfly4life New Member

here is a picture of the error message $photo (1).jpg . when i did the other steps, there was no result. the netflix app still wouldnt connect

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Interesting, I would have thought the fourth step would have given some sort of result.

I typed out the error message for you.
    Code:
    Software Version 3.1

Netflix Version:   Netflix SDK 3.1.3-release-907160 - Built 16:31:01 Oct 4 2011

ESN: SONYNSXGT1-5F64-CCFE-2C50-D40B

Last Error: Network / 4 / Socket operation timed out https://uiboot.netflix.com/apps/htmltvui/upgrade_policy?v=2.0&e=SONYNSXGT1-5F64-CCFE-2C50-D40B&device_type=SONYNSXGT1&certification_version=0&sdk_v
    Do you have a computer? Can you try this ->link<-to see if you get any error messages from it? It is the same URL that is listed in the picture that you posted.

10. bfly4life

bfly4life New Member

when i did the other steps, there was no result. the netflix app still wouldnt connect. i would post a picture of the error message but i have to have at least 10 posts to post images. but the syntax is Network/4/Socket operation timed out/http: //uiboot .netflix .com /apps/htmltvui/upgrade_policy?v=2.0&e=SONYNSXGT1-5F64-CCFE-2C50-D40B&device_type=SONYNSXGT1&certification_version=0&sdk_v

11. bfly4life

bfly4life New Member

yes i tried the link it just brought me to the same homepage that i would normally go to if the netflix app was working. but yea that error message pops up when i put in up up down down left right left right up up up up

12. bfly4life

bfly4life New Member

tried that link on the computer and on the tv web browser. no error messages appeared, but i was unable to watch videos

13. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Can you post your Google TV results from The Global Broadband Speed Test on Speedtest.net?

14. pinot

pinot New Member

The problem for me started with the Android download to Sony Google TVs (NSX 32GT1 and 40GT1) on November 3. Google, Netflix, and Sony all point fingers at one another. Have repeatedly tried every suggestion offered on this forum, with no change in results. Let Sony tech take over screen and capture data on Nov 8. Was told a fix was coming and I would be called when it happens. Still no call and no Netflix connectivity after three weeks.

15. wdg

wdg New Member

I was having the same error message since the upgrade. I just got it to work by clearing the data in Google Accounts, Under System Settings, Manage Applications, Google Accounts, Clear Data and Force Stop. I then rebooted (CTRL-ALT-DEL).

When it rebooted it asked me by account info for Netflix and just like that it is working!! Hope this works for someone else too.

16. bkdg100

bkdg100 New Member

Clear Data and Force Stop , works but sometimes i still have to restart netflix a few times to keep it going . no way to evaluate problem since no fix is always consistent in its behavior .

17. pnut

pnut New Member

I just got a Revue for Christmas. Everything seems to work except Netflix. I get the same error message as bfly4life. Tried all solutions in this thread with no results. Was this issue ever resolved? I already am able to stream Netflix on my Roku with no issues.

18. jairosoft

jairosoft New Member

Dear members of the forum,
    This is Jairo. May I add my sad story. My brother in law got a Roku 2 XS January 13, but it didn't have browser. So I took it back to exchange it to get a Google TV. And it works, except the Netflix app and the YouTube app, both very slow to take off. actually it did somewhat work in a house using Brighthouse Road Runner Cable internet, but in the house using Centurylink Prism ADSL2+ it wouldn't stream, the YouTube eventually would but after a long wait of what seems like a minute or more, so it is unacceptable. So I am suspecting that it might be the Cisco Router DDR2200-CL is somehow not letting the videos stream. What is interesting is that the videos do run under Google Chrome browser. So can anybody help me figure it out. It may be too late though, because my brother in law and his wife my sister are considering taking it [the Google TV, a Sony NSZ-GT1 Internet TV & Blu-ray player]back for a refund, or to exchange it for an Apple TV. So the Roku did seem to work, but the Sony Google TV's Netflix doesn't work with the Internet provided by Centurylink. Is there something in the Cisco router that needs to be adjusted?
    Thanks for reading.

Happy New year.

Jairo

19. yozh

yozh New Member

Hello,

Did anyone fix this issue ? I`m having exactly the same problem with my revue, I just got it last Tuesday, it updated to 3.1 and netflix does not start, here is my full post from logitech forum. Please help. Please.

I just got the Revue on Tuesday after installing it and turning on, it asked me to update and I did everything went smooth and all worked, but when I went to setup the netflix, I got the "unable to connect, try again 201" message, I since cleared data, changed to static IP, reset the revue 4 times, changed the DNS on the firewall to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, tried on wired/wireless even teathered to my phone over 4G..... and nothing always the same thing always getting this same message, and I know that it connects to netflix becuase if I put wrong username it tells me that its wrong... I desperatly need help, this is not supposed to be this hard, I spent 2 days now working on this and initially had the whole thing fully setup exept netflix.....

20. jt357

jt357 New Member

I turned on my GoogleTV and tried Netflix only to find the same issue... After searching online in desperation I found this post on bohack.com search netflix it looks like the cache needed to be cleared, but I had to complete this several times till I followed the directions to the completely. Good luck the first method worked for me. :)

• Like Like x 2