Quantcast

Netflix in revue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Wigginst, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Wigginst

Wigginst New Member

Does the revue no longer support netflix? Our app has quit playing. Not an account and issue as it still works in other devices.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The Revue still supports Netflix. I will list some things for you to try for fixing this issue. After each step check to see if Netflix works before trying the next step:

1) Reboot your Revue. (Alt + Ctrl + DEL)

2) Reboot your router

3) Go to System Settings ---> Applications -----> Manage Applications - and then force stop & clear data from the Netflix app.

4) try setting a static IP (or alternatively set your router to bridge mode).

5) try a factory reset of your Revue (push and hold the button on back of Revue for approx. 40 seconds)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  3. kennyinbmore

kennyinbmore New Member

I feel your pain. My Revue has never played Netflix reliably. Most times it'll play a movie for about 20 or 30 minutes then stop playing with an error message. The only way to fix it is reboot the box, but then again 15 or 20 minutes later , same thing. Good thing I have a pc with an HDMI connection

4. dlflannery

dlflannery New Member

Other things that may help:
    1. Set DNS addresses in Revue Internet settings, and in your router, to the Google DNS'es: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.
    2. Used hardwired ethernet rather than WiFi.

I had problems with Netflix after the "latest" software update but the tips given by CatfishRivers, plus these, have made it solid. Be sure to go to a static IP if at all possible.

Oh one other thing: Reboot your Revue once each day that you use it. I find that memory usage grows steadily and at some point (after several days) Netflix starts having problems with video and/or audio stuttering, etc. A reboot clears those problems immediately.

Netflix is solid on my Revue now and it is my mainline client, much better than my TivoHD, and at least as good as my Panasonic Blu-Ray, although the latter is using WiFi. One quirk I do notice is that there is frequently a just-noticeable audio sync problem on 5.1 audio, with the audio actually leading the video. I'm feeding my Revue output through a Sony Sound Bar, which may be contributing to this problem. The SB has only one audio sync correction setting, which doesn't do the job. If I set the SB to force conversion to 2-channel stereo, the sync problem disappears.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013