Quantcast

Netflix help

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Zman1001, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Zman1001

Zman1001 New Member

Hello,
    Just got the Revue and hooked it up to the computer. I am having a great time with this, since I recently cancelled Directv and disconnected from pay tv services.

Everything I tried last night worked great, except Netflix.

When I click on the Netflix icon, the red Netflix screen comes up, the status bar across the bottom of the screen is working, then all of the sudden, the screen goes black, and on the far left side, words show up, but they are almost entirely off of the screen, so I can not see what it says, nor can I navigate between them.

I have closed Netflix. Tried changing the TV settings, restarted the Revue, but every time I go into Netflix, this happens.

Has this happened to anyone else, or do you know how to fix it?
    Thanks

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Try going back into GTV settings > Picture & Sound > Picture Size then select, "No start with default" but do not alter it. Instead, click "Next" until you're done with the wizard then check if the Netflix app gives you different symptoms. It may have been that someone one was a little overzealous in setting one side of the overscan area.

3. Zman1001

Zman1001 New Member

Thanks. I will try that when I get home. Everything else works perfectly, and after it happened the first time, I actually manually resized it back so I could see Blue again (I thought same thing you did), but I will try this.

As I said, other than that, I really think this device is great, and look forward to other updates that may be down the pipeline.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The other thing you can try, is testing Netflix in a lower resolution. GTV Settings > Picture and Sound > Resolution select "720p" then test Netflix. The idea is that the Netflix app uses relative points, so these symptoms are could be a result of a goof up during the wizard in writing those settings. So, instead of using a factory reset try these two first, and then go back to your preferred settings if you get better results.

5. Zman1001

Zman1001 New Member

Thanks. I will report back tonight

6. Zman1001

Zman1001 New Member

Well, both ideas did not work. I tried both suggestions, first trying the 720p option, then the start with default, without adjusting adter.

To give a little more information now (I was able to look a little closer last night). The screen that is off to the left of the screen (almost entirely off) has the following:

yes no
    start over
    back

yes no

That is all I could see. I could not even see all of those options, but enough to make them out.

Thanks again
    Doug

7. thasken

thasken New Member

I am having the same issues. I have not been able to set up netflix since we got the tv last wk. does anybody have directions on how to set the tv up to do this?
    thanks
    t

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

At this point, try doing a factory reset to see if it resolves the problem. Otherwise, contact customer support and see if there are any known issues with your particular arrangement.