Quantcast

Netflix feed won't load on home page

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by SadPanda, Jun 16, 2011.

1. SadPanda

SadPanda New Member

Hello.
    I want to start by saying that I have looked everywhere on the net and searching on this site for my answer first, with no luck. I'm sure it's not a terribly hard fix but the search terms I have to use when describing my problem are so vast, that it comes back with too much crap to sift through. Hopefully someone here might be as so kind to help a brother out? Here's my dilemma.
    I just bought a 32" sony/google tv yesterday. Now on the bottom left hand side of the home screen(where the "bookmarks/applications/spotlight and etc. are listed) there is the word netflix. When I click on it nothing loads, it just says "new arrivals: movies" "new arrivals:tv" and "television". It's blank under all of them. My question is....How do I get that to load with stuff? I do have a netflix account and I can stream the netflix through the tv by going to "applications" and then pick that netflix icon. Any help on this matter would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

It don't work at the moment on the Sony Google Tv :( I reported this problem to them a while back while they helped fix my tuner problem but I doubt the person I talked to told the higher ups about it. I saw it working on youtube when someone showed a demo of the logitech revue but it does not work on the sony google tv at the moment.

If you want to see new arrivals for movies and tv , the only way I was able to do it with my tv is log in to netflix app , and under suggestions for you is a choice labeled New Arrivals that shows both new TV and New Movies.

I was told it may get fixed with an update in the future.

3. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Works perfect for me here :) Hey SadPanda have you tryed a soft reboot Ctrl+Alt then press Del (Backspace), your Sony GTV will power off then back on.

4. SadPanda

SadPanda New Member

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Last night I spent setting up everything the way I wanted it, bookmarks, queue, etc.. In doing so I figured out a fix if you want to get the feature to work. While already signed into netflix in the "applications" menu, you can go to the "edit" button on the bottom left of the "home" page. I added a new netflix section to the home menu. It will ask you what you genre you would like to add. Pick one then back out, and the new netflixs feed should work. I ended up erasing the factory setting netflix feed button from the menu. I did notice that after I added the new button the factory buttons' feed of the same did appear, but there are three different genre feeds, and that it would only feed one genre even if I made multiple new buttons of the same corresponding genres. I know that's a little confusing. It will let you make multiple netflix feed buttons, so you could have three in the menu button to do as it was intended....but doesn't look as sleek.
    Thanks again for the responses. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Im gonna try your fix now SadPanda !!!! Just tried it and it worked great. Only shows the top 3 choices for the lists I made but shows more when I chose to view the results .

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. mikellanes

mikellanes New Member

Thanks, I looked everywhere for this, searching for "Nexflix Home list blank" or a million verson, shows nothing so I really appreciate it.

What I finally did, I made a custom shelf, Named it Netflix (put it up top) and added to it these Netflix Items: New Movies, TV and a few movie genres I like...

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Btw, the original Netflix "feed" on the Google TV Home page is actually a Custom Shelf named, "Netflix". The contents within the original shelf is broken because it isn't associated with an active Netflix active account as you have pointed out. To fix it, associate your account on the Netflix app, then delete the feeds inside the shelf on the right pane, then replace them with new ones. There's no need to add the Netflix feeds on the list in the left hand pane. Unless that's what you want to do.

You can also create these shelves for the Home screen if a feed has too many genres. For example, in addition to fixing the Netflix shelf, I created custom shelf named "You Tube" and then I proceeded to add "You Tube: Most Viewed", "You Tube: Recently Featured", and "You Tube: People Blogs" inside the right side panel. In my opinion, it is less cluttered and more tidy this way rather than putting them all on the left panel.

• Like Like x 2