Quantcast

Netflix Error We are having trouble playing this title...

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by clspruiell, Apr 16, 2012.

1. clspruiell

clspruiell New Member

I get this error message almost every show I watch on Netflix (NF). NF streams fine on my computers and I don't think it's my internet. My wireless router is about 7 years old and I pay for 10mg internet through Charter (10mg might be wrong but its not the slowest they offer).

Most of what I googled about this showed info for the Revue. Anyone else experiencing this? Any luck making it better?

Thanks!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try changing your IP to "static". The following was recently posted in the Logitech Revue Forum (I realize that your on a Sony device - but this should still apply to you):

'The Netflix issue has shown to have improvement when you are connected wirelessly with a static IP in many cases. To do so you want to: gather your network/router info from your PC (if you have a MAC let me know and I can post the walkthrough for it) you select your start menu and in the "Run" field type "CMD" and hit enter, this will pull up your command window, in the CMD window type "ipconfig". Once all of that is up you want to write down your default gateway it will likely look like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.(Now to the Revue)
    From there press the "home" button on your revue, select the "menu" key between Alt and Ctrl, choose "system settings", Network, WiFi or Ethernet, under IP Settings change it from DHCP to Static there will be some fields to fill in:

(IP settings):
    This will be the IP address you choose depending on your default gateway, for instance you will enter your default gateway but the last field will be different eg: instead of 192.168.0.1 it would be 192.168.0.118 (I would enter a number between 20 and 200 dose not mater a whole lot what you put its more to make sure there are no conflicts with any currently connected devices.

(Gateway):
    You just want to enter in your default gateway here.

(Network prefix length):
    This will be: 24

(DNS1):
    This will be: 8.8.8.8

(DNS2):
    This will be: 8.8.4.4

I would give that a try and see if that prompts more stability out of your Revue with Netflix aswell as Chrome and other web based applications. "

3. clspruiell

clspruiell New Member

Thanks for the insight but this is not working. I go all through that and it does not give me an option to "Connect". Its greyed out. The only option is "Cancel".

I changed the IP Settings to Static

IP Address to m default

Gateway to the "default gateway" found in the CMD ipconfig

Network prefix length: 24

DNS1: 8.8.8.8

DNS2: 8.8.4.4

DO I need to do anything with my router?

WOuld faster internet help? Faster wireless router? Mine is about 7 years old.

4. CatfishRivers

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  5. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

Has anyone else noted seeing this on a wired connection? I have a wired 20mb connection that is performing at the correct speed and I still get this error. I noticed resting the box to factory and not installing apps made it better but that kind of defeats the purpose of gtv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

6. CatfishRivers

Are you using a router? My hunch would be that if you are - that is where you need to be troubleshooting. See the link from my previous post (there are also troubleshooting steps for problems related to router issues listed in that thread).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  7. xdotcommer

xdotcommer New Member

All i needed to do was clear application data for Netflix.

Go to System Settings > Applications > Netflix > Clear Data