Quantcast

Netflix Audio Issues

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Ron.Shosti, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Ron.Shosti

Ron.Shosti New Member

Hi,

After a few minutes of Netflix play, the audio cuts out on my LG G2 TV. The only fix I've found is to disable 5.1 audio and switch to stereo on the Netflix settings. Has anyone one else experienced this and know how to permanently fix this?

There are many so many oddities with the Netflix app I wish LG/Google/Netflix would provide an update.

Ron

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

have you tried switching the digital audio out setting form PCM to either Auto or Mixed Doldy digital?

i believe that the default setting of the TV is PCM, meaning that you were only outputting stereo. my guess is that netflix would send a 5.1 signal to the TV and the TV would down convert to PCM stereo and that could be the cause.

Home - settings - picture and sound - sound adjustment - sound settings - digital audio out....

i agree, i hope Netflix updates their App, and i hope they tell LG/Google about it so then LG engineers are not caught with their pants down. im pretty sure that what happened with the MLB app for LG TV's most of this year.

3. Ron.Shosti

Ron.Shosti New Member

The default for the LG TV audio was Auto. I tried setting the audio to PCM and I still had the audio cut out after about 5 minutes. Thanks for the tip though, it was worth a try.

4. ssgramma

ssgramma New Member

Mine had audio just fine on Netflix but too often no audio on live TV. Screen doesn't always blank out but no audio is the norm :(