Quantcast

Netflix application will not launch off Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Lina_24, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Lina_24

Lina_24 New Member

I am new to Google TV, bought it on Thanksgiving weekend for my mom at Best Buy. Got her a Sony Bravia HDTV too. She has wireless internet via DSL but doesn't have cable but I have a Netflix account she can use. Internet hooked up no problem - I can get online and watch youtube fine. When I try to launch Netflix from the home menu, it tells me that it cannot launch netflix application, then gives me the option to exit Netflix or try again. I am back for Christmas and still the same error. What am I doing wrong? How can I get the activation code from this device to get Netflix up an running? (yes I have called Netflix and Sony and they are pointing fingers at each other).

2. Lina_24

Lina_24 New Member

Ok I performed the series of keystrokes using the arrow keys (suggestion from another google tv post) and I get a page with the software version, netflix version, ESN, and last error with a button that says Back, but no where will it let me press anything.

3. tmiller

tmiller New Member

Another poster said to reset the google tv to factory setting. This will take approx. 20- 30 mins. and does delete any favorites you might have. (you have to go into the settings section) But after the reset you should be able to get into netflix.

4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Another idea, sign out of your account and re-sign back in.
    Might help..

You say you already did a Control, alt, delete, soft reboot already??

Sent from my iPhone 4 via TapaTalk