Quantcast

Netflix app problem

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by mquest, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mquest

mquest New Member

Ok, I got it fixed and I didn't have to talk with a customer service rep, thanks to you folks here.

When I first posted this question, someone sent me a private message with a link explaining how to fix it. I followed it and it didn't work so I never mentioned it here. But after calling Netflix they had me reset my modem and router. That didn't work. After seeing Axne1's message above describing a "weird button combo", I remembered the other instructions and thought I'd try it again. And it worked. So I think for me, it was a combination of resetting my equipment and having to deactivate my account and logging in again.

I can't post the link here because I don't have enough contributions on the boards. So I'll plagiarize the instructions here.

After you get the error message, using the arrow keys on the remote, do this combination of keys.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up

I know this sounds weird but it does give you a pop up window with an option to De-activate. Select the deactivate button. After De-activating the account, it should take you back to the netflix screen trying to connect. Then you'll be prompted to login to an existing account. From here you can simply log back in and you'll be back to normal. At least it worked for me.

Again, I thank all of you for your contributions.

• Like Like x 2
  2. axne1

axne1 New Member

No prob. :) . I thought no one was listening

HTC Evo 3d

• Like Like x 2
  3. trudinh

trudinh New Member

yes it will, but it will fix the problem, well it did for me after i complain with netflix, and netflix cant do crap for me.

4. Donaldt

Donaldt New Member

This was posted on the Logitech forums not to long ago. It is a 4 step program to help fix Netflix. I like it because it gives you an idea of what the offending problem is.

Yeah, basically... if you're still having problems at this point there are four different measures in resolving the problem.

1. Try starting the video through the web browser. This will confirm that you have Netflix access to the catalog. Initiating a streaming video through the browser will prompt a choice to launch it through the application. If it plays through the Netflix app then it was just a minor cookie glitch. If not then...
    2. Clearing the application cache. It is located in GTV settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Netflix > Clear Cache. There are two listing and you have to do it to both of them. Now reboot the Revue by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] to reboot it and then try streaming again. If that works then it was a corrupted cache, If not then...
    3. Deactivate the Netflix. Open the Netflix application then press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up
      Up, and Up then you'll now see the account information page click "Deactivate". Now reboot the Revue by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] to reboot it and try it again. If that works then it was conflicting login information usually caused by Netflix updating their security mechanism. If not then...
    4. Call Netflix 1 (888) 811-1933 either the problem is not related or more complicated and requires their technical support to check your account or their available services.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bumabu

bumabu New Member

After complete nonsensical nonsense with Sony, I called Netflix and talked to an awesome dude who said he was going to reset my app on my TV. He advised I wait at least a couple of hours. 4 hours later, still no dice. I did a factory reset on the t.v. and it went back to working fine, but it was irritating to go through settup again............but not near as irritating as not having netflix.

• Like Like x 2
  6. atistang

atistang New Member

netflix couldn't help me with my revue, they told me to call logitech lol

7. mquest

mquest New Member

Yea, it is unlikely you'll find a customer service rep at either Sony or Netflix that can solve a specific problem. Some people get lucky, the rest of us, not so lucky. That's why I like boards like these. This is a way to find people that have the exact same scenario and who has actually had success. I never tried the factory reset because I don't know what all will get erased but some day I may run into another problem and may need to do that. Now I know how to find that option in the menus.

8. 1coyote

1coyote New Member

A complete reset is the only thing that finally worked for me as well. I went through the Netflix troubleshooting steps to no avail - they did have a branch specifically for the Sony NSX series which said the problem had been fixed on their end. To avoid the trauma of a complete reset, I did a data and cache reset of both Netflix apps, but no such luck. Only the complete reset restored Netflix.

9. LordV8r

LordV8r New Member

Contacted Netflix and the guy was like "wow I wish all customers were as intuitive as you" because I had tried all the suggestions he had for me. He then proceeded to give me Sony's number which was no help whatsoever. The guy asked me what speed my internet was. I'm kind of a techie so I know what speed my freakin internet is. He doesn't believe me and goes "How did you get that information?" I say "Well I know what I pay for..." Still doesn't believe me so he asks that I go to speedtest.net I prove to him that I have what I said... He said my internet is too slow for Netflix. I have 2mb internet which isn't the fastest but I have no problems at all streaming on every other device that I have, which includes a 360 a PS3 and my laptop, desktop and my Wii, my iPhone and my Android. That's the "Official" answer I got from Sony support...

10. plunger595

plunger595 New Member

I had the problem with my Sony TV. I got frustrated with all the Netflix whooo haaaa crapola I just cancelled it. I'll stay with Amazon.

11. Misterg12

Misterg12 New Member

Got the "unable to connect error tonight" and did the up up down down arrow thingy and it worked perferctly after I
    deactivated the account then shut down the box and re-started. Thank you!!!

12. jc79

jc79 New Member

do you have to hit "B A select start"
    after the up up down down left right left right?
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

13. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Lol. No, the "Konami code" for the Netflix app to deactivate the account is:

• Up
    • Up
    • Down
    • Down
    • Left
    • Right
    • Left
    • Right
    • Up
    • Up
    • Up
    • Up
    An account information page will popup and you can choose to click "deactivate" from there.

14. LordV8r

LordV8r New Member

It seems with the latest update any issues I previously had are now resolved. Probably wasn't an internet issue at all.

15. bburzycki

bburzycki New Member

Are people here running multiple Netflix enabled devices - As in are you seeing repeated issues with errors and do you use multiple different ways of watching Netflix on several different devices?