Quantcast

Netflix App Frozen While Loading (Sony NSX-32GT1)

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by jrgray93, May 15, 2012.

1. jrgray93

jrgray93 New Member

A few days ago, my Netflix app on my Sony Internet TV stopped working. It seems to take its time initially loading the app and when I pick a title, it freezes upon loading at around 1/4 or 1/3 of the way. It then gives me some kind of message about how it can't play content at this time.

This has been happening for a few days now. I am being forced to use the horrid Xbox 360 Netflix app, which throws common sense and functionality out the window to make it "Kinect Accessible." Back on topic, as that is another issue entirely...

So I'm also getting some other strange issues with my other apps. I'm experiencing lag while submitting forms and loading web sites on Chrome. Pandora takes forever to load new songs.

The issue is not my internet connection. The connection is solid while gaming and everything works on other devices. The only changes I've made to my network recently were to forward the ports for Xbox Live. I'm not exactly a networking expert, so I don't know if that would have any effect on my speeds for my TV.

I've tried powering the TV down overnight, resetting factory defaults, and everything else that immediately comes to mind. Nothing has worked.

This is my second TV of this model. I had to return the first one because it completely died. I'm still on warranty, but I've read about people having similar issues because of bad updates. I'd rather not have to return this thing again.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you tried hooking the tv up to a direct connection to your router and see if that fixes the problem as if it does then more then likely the problem is with your wifi or router settings.

If all else fails call netflix and see if they can help you out as everytime I have called them in the past I hardly waited a minute until someone answered.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  3. tt92618

tt92618 New Member

I'm having the same problem and it started recently as well. I have an AppleTV also, and it works fine, so I know it isn't the TV's network connection. YouTube and other web services work fine on the GoogleTV - only Netflix is having issues.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try going to your settings and clear all data from the Netflix app.