Quantcast

Netflix app...Can't stand it anymore!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by Walter, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Walter

Walter New Member

Hello,
    I bought the Sony NSZ-GT1 box in November. Everything worked fine with Netflix. I would start the app, and it would just run, no problem. I don't know where things went wrong, but maybe it was the software update. Now when I try to open Netflix, it asks me if I'm a member. I have to click "yes", and then a login page opens. I'm able to put my username in, but the password box stays shaded in grey. When I try to click in the box to put in password, an alert window pops up, saying my login was unsuccessful. I've done 3 factory resets, and have hardwired the box to my router. I can log into the Netflix site from the browser, but I can't get streaming movies because of an apparent hardware deficiency on my computer. On my Netflix account, the device was listed as activated, so I foolishly deactivated it, and now I can't even reactivate it because I don't remember what my code was when I bought it. The problem was happening even when it was listed as activiated. At the end of my rope with this. I'm ready to just chuck my Netflix account, and toss this pos in the dumpster. This is a joke for $400. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Walter, first off, welcome to our forum..
    We try to help all that we possibly can.
    You might want to try this link to start...
    Sony eSupport - NSZ-GT1 - Model Home
    If that don't work, I have a Revue, you might want to call Sony report or look through this list for more help..

Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box

Thanks, and if you still have issues, plaza. ad another post, I'm sure someone out here can help..
    Also, if you don't mind, I will move your post to another spot that would be more in the know..
    This spot you posted is really in the wrong spot..
    Thanks,
    The Google TV Forum Team

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  3. sparkyscott21

Hab at it guys, it's open now.
    I made a boo-boo by locking this earlier...Sorry.....[​IMG]

Sorry to you especially you Walter.. I pm'd you, but I don't think it got sent out right..

4. Walter

Walter New Member

Moderator,
    No problem on the lockout. Thanks for the reply. I understand about moving the post. I didn't look closely as to which area to post.
    I've tried many times on the Sony website to register my product, but when I would try the "enhanced feature" part, it would just say "..Your product is already registered.." The sony support website is nothing more than a confusing, convoluted run-around. The Netflix website, to re-activate my device, justs keeps asking for my "code", which is nowhere to be found. I guess the next thing is, as you suggest, to email them. Hopefully, they won't be as unhelpful as their support site. Unbelievable....

5. sparkyscott21

Hey Walter, If you can, give this a day or at least till tomorrow, I know there are propel out here that have more knowledge on this situation.....

6. Walter

Walter New Member

Moderator,
    I'm in no real hurry. It's been going on for weeks now. What's a few more days?

Thanks...

7. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey Walter! Go ahead and give Netflix a call on their CS line...they may be able to help you! :D

1-866-716-0414
    For faster service, use this service code: 888 000

8. Walter

Walter New Member

Moderator,
    Thanks for the number. I'll give them (Netflix) a call and see if they can help. The whole darn problem is that it just won't let me log in. The shaded password box just prevents me
    from putting in my password before cutting me off and telling me that my login was unsuccessful. I never used to have to log in. I would just open Netflix and it was up and running.
    I will report back with what happens.....

9. sparkyscott21

Did you try alt+con+delete, it does a soft reset...
    If the box shades out before you can put password in,
    Are you sure you are putting in the right username??
    Just a thought...

10. Walter

Walter New Member

Yes, I tried the alt+control+delete many times before I started in on the factory resets. I was going over other posts of people with problems before I gave up and posted my question.
    My user name with Netflix is my email address with Yahoo. Just on a whim, I also tried using my Google username. But the username isn't the problem. The whole problem is a glitch that goes like this:
    When the username and password boxes open up, I click the cursor inside of the username box, it goes black, and a blinking prompt appears inside the box allowing me to type. when I'm finished typing
    the username, I move the cursor over the password box, which is still shaded in grey, and click. Nothing happens. The box stays inactive and shaded in grey. I click again to try to activate that box, and once again
    the dreaded alert box appears over the top of everything saying "We're sorry, your login attempt has failed. Please go to the Netflix website..blah blah blah.." I'm the kind of person who tries every variation to see
    what can be done. I've tried to click the password box first, but that just brings the alert box right up. I've also gone into the settings and cleared the Netflix memory cache a bunch of times. Nothing works. Even before I deactivated the box from my Netflix account, it was doing this. I thought it could deactivate it, and then reactivate it, but I have no idea where the
    special code is they're asking for. It's really frustrating that a problem this simple requires this much of a runaround. Is there a way to just delete the netflix app from the box altogether, and download and reinstall another one? I'm going to call Netflix as you suggested, but I haven't had a chance yet.

11. harley man

harley man New Member

at this point i would call netflix and get then to give you the code or any help they can i have had to give then a call in the past and they were good at helping me and if they can not help i would call who ever made your gtv sony or logitech .

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  12. sparkyscott21

You can always try to,just something else to do, probably won't do a thing, but,
    have you tried resetting your router??
    I know you are hardwired, but, maybe a rejection or conflict 'tween the 2......
    I've seen weirder things happen, and weird results from different attempts at doing things differently...
    It's a very long shot, probably miss, but if it worked, you could knight me.....

13. Walter

Walter New Member

Sparky,
    The router was actually a good idea. I didn't think of that one. But to no avail....I will try calling Netflix tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  14. Walter

Walter New Member

Harley man,
    Thanks for the reply. I also thought maybe because I bought the box at Best Buy, they may be able to help me, or (remote possiblity) give me a replacement. It's just a weird sort of "lockup" kind of glitch.
    Hope it's riding weather wherever you are already. Roads are still covered in grit and salt here in the northeast. Still waiting to get the Softail out for the season....

15. harley man

harley man New Member

i am also in the northeast in pa but did get the fatboy out last week when it was 65 had clean alll salt after i got back lol cant wait till t shrit weather . hope you have good safe ride when you get time and good with the netflix thing

16. galfert

galfert Active Member

Walter, You keep saying that you are trying to "click" on in the Netflix when trying to log in. The Netflix app doesn't support the use of the mouse. Only use the directional pad and see if you have better luck.

17. Clos1238

Clos1238 New Member

I am having the same problem