Quantcast

Netfix Wants To Hook Up With Your Cable Company In 2015

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 11, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Netflix wants to hook up with your cable company in 2015 mdash Tech News and Analysis via Mowser (click for full article)

Netflix wants to hook up with your cable company in 2015

by Janko Roettgers - Dec. 10, 2014

-- Netflix's new strategy to take on cable involves becoming best friends with cable: The video streaming service has been working hard to get its app included on set-top boxes of cable, fiber and satellite TV operators, and has been looking to strike deals with major U.S. operators. These deals could not only greatly expand Netflix's potential audience, but also change how the company deals with both consumers and operators.

Internally, partnerships with TV operators are seen as the next big step for the company. Earlier this year, a Netflix job offer put it this way:

Read more at: Netflix wants to hook up with your cable company in 2015 mdash Tech News and Analysis via Mowser

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Well it looks like Google wants to bring live TV to Android TV:

Google Live Channels For Android TV Hints At Live TV Capabilities Coming Soon TechCrunch

And meantime Netflix wants to be in cable boxes -:)

I'm not sure how the Android TV live app is supposed to work - but if it requires 'official participation agreements' with content providers - then I would expect adaption to be slow. Or maybe it is something that just allows Android TV boxes to utilize TV tuners?

Meantime I don't expect Comcast to be jumping on the Netflix bandwagon any time soon. As the article stated AT&T is the best bet to include Netflix with their TV service. If the big TV providers like Comcast actually added Netflix to their X1 cable box - then IMO it would eat into sales of other over-the-top set top boxes (such As Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV Android TV, etc.)

3. Travel

Travel Active Member

So much for "cord cutting." Or variations there of: either the cord is being installed on the internet, or the internet installed on the cable box, or both.

Thieves.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Hilarious, another thieves accusation, now Netflix is a thief too. Netflix offers thousands of movies, TV shows, and concerts on demand for $9/month and if you don't want to pay it, just don't subscribe and it costs nothing. That company is robbing us blind. They may as well be sending employees out in the streets with masks and guns taking our money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Travel

Travel Active Member

The whiner is at it again. It's not about Netflix, it's about the price gouging cable companies' and content providers' cabal. Netflix is just getting more exposure, which is fine.

Also, just because one doesn't take a ripoff "deal," it doesn't mean that they're not thieves.

Also, the moderators should ban you for disrupting threads. Mind your own business, and don't address me.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. ChrisG8

There can be no price gouging on any voluntary service, only an idiot would pay more than they want to pay for something that isn't an essential service like pay TV. Companies must compete and provide value to get my business, not sure what you require but is clear you can't understand simple concepts.

Go ahead and report me for being fed up with your idiotic posts about thieves or the other nonsense you offer, non-stop.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Travel

Travel Active Member

There is nothing more idiotic than being the only one in the world who defends and thinks that cable prices are a good deal.

The whiner is at it again. It's not about Netflix, it's about the price gouging cable companies' and content providers' cabal. Netflix is just getting more exposure, which is fine.

Also, just because one doesn't take a ripoff "deal," it doesn't mean that they're not thieves.

Also, the moderators should ban you for disrupting threads. Mind your own business, and don't address m

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. ChrisG8

The thread disruption is constant, you offer an idiot thieves comment on too many threads to mention, my hope was that you might understand it is an idiotic comment, false and of no value to the thread topic. Post it again and I will point out the obvious once again.

9. Travel

Travel Active Member

There is nothing more idiotic than being the only one in the world who defends and thinks that cable prices are a good deal.

Also, the moderators should ban you for disrupting threads. Mind your own business, and don't address me.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Sathiya Raj

Sathiya Raj New Member

Well this is relevant to this post but I hope the moderator does not think of this as spam I work for a company askmilton.tv where you get 1000's movies and TV Shows every day with more than 60 plus channels now and growing every day and it's FREE. It works just like a cable network with a channel guide choose a channel then click ondemand you and get all the content for that channel.

11. Sathiya Raj

Sathiya Raj New Member

Well there are a lot of new technology and content being aggregated for online and set top box based delivery IP don't loose hope AskMilton.tv is one of them.

12. Travel

Travel Active Member

Sounds good. Plenty of ports on the box.

So, the EWorld Box has the Puffin browser embedded?

EworldBox.com your world connected

Do you have the specs? Processor/RAM, etc.?