Quantcast

neflix is a pain now

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by kavaja, Nov 3, 2011.

1. kavaja

kavaja New Member

before this update netflix wasn't too bad to use, now it is slow to respond, the layout is less helpfull, the don't show a lot of movies as they did be for. I called netflix, and they said that is sony responsiblity, sony says its netflix. and I can't find a number to google.
    so how is responsible for it and what can we do to change it back.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Netflix's support numbers are (800) 279-5688, (888) 638-3549, and (800) 585-8131

And really, there's nothing we can do to change it back. It's a Netflix/Google thing which then needs to be delivered via OS update.

3. o0adma0o

o0adma0o New Member

I dont get what people dont like about the new netflix. It works fine for me. I guess cause i do my movie/show searching on pc and then watch it later on my queue. I use it on my TV/Tablet/Phone this same way so im used to it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Xoisua

Xoisua New Member

It is terrible, I want to back to old version

5. Chiron16

Chiron16 New Member

Can someone try to side load the Netflix *apk from the market?

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It's already on the GTV Hacker Dropbox account and it doesn't work.

7. kavaja

kavaja New Member

Yea, I figured as much.
    I want to thank you for your help today, I made a few post today and you replyed to all of them, some of the answers were very helpful and some I knew the answer but glad to here I was right.
    I use to work for xbox, and under stand the issues that come up on a major update. It just with hype and delays I hope they would have all working, and not just the new apps. I under stand that is work in progress.
    I can't wait for the kinks to be worked out and that they listen to the users for what we want. Some of the stuff from the old os would be nice have back.

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad I could help. I sure hope someone will see the errors of leaving out some of the features that made the old Google TV tolerable because without it this new interface is annoying.

9. kavaja

kavaja New Member

amen!

10. kavaja

kavaja New Member

another problem I and having with netflix, is that it is slow to respond to your command. every time you hit a button to do something it takes almost second for a response. I held down the side scroll for a couple of seconds, and when it started to react, it scrolled on its own for over a min. if that is not good enough of a reason to revert it back or fix it. then they don't care about the customers

11. les anderson

les anderson New Member

While I can see why some may prefer the last interface I agree with the post that suggests using netflix.com via chrome or on another device to browse. It is far and away the best interface for sorting through content imo.

12. Mar

Mar New Member

This thread makes me not want the update. IMO, the Netflix app is one of the best things about the Revue. :(

13. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

I wished I could see it...from pics it looks like the Roku style, which I find perfect...snappy, easy to nav a ton of content..I wonder what's so different?

14. zen2go

zen2go New Member

The response to scrolling is slow. There's about a two second delay, causing you to click repeatedly because you think the interface is not responding. Bad design.

The lowly Wii has a much better Netflix interface.

15. alf

alf New Member

I also do not like the interface change.

Since the update, all streaming content including Netflix pauses every couple of minutes. If it had been this bad at the time I bought the TV, I would have taken it back.

It HAS to be Google's update, because I have an Apple TV using the same Netflix account on the same internet connection with no problem. Any one else having this issue?

16. zen2go

zen2go New Member

After watching one movie, loading the next one would hang forever. I had to do a Force Close in App Settings to get Netflix working again. Quite annoying.

17. shekibobo

shekibobo New Member

This. And the slow responses. I can only start one movie before having to exit and reload. Plus response time and animations are extremely slow. I can see that it's trying to animate things, but the whole app just struggles. Makes me want to go back to the old version.

18. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I don't even bother with the Netflix interface in Google TV 2.0 anymore. It is much too cumbersome. They really screwed the pooch in that design. Don't know if it was intentional, but because of it I now only use the Search results or the TV & Movies app to find content available on Netflix. Otherwise, I use my iPad to find content available on the Netflix website.

19. yourtvseries

yourtvseries New Member

I want the old version

20. Pherball66

Pherball66 New Member

I agree, the new netflix is unusable. Guess I will see how good it works on the Xbox or PS3. They really need to put it back the way that it was. It does not even have a 'New release' section and the lag is unforgivable.