Quantcast

Need the ability to edit the channel numbers

Discussion in 'Google TV Feature Wish Lists' started by mcorley929, Dec 23, 2010.

1. mcorley929

mcorley929 New Member

I'm using a JVC DVR as my set-top box connecting my Logitech Revue to basic cable service. After entering my ZIP code, Google TV properly identifies the channel numbers published by my cable provider and all of the channels that I'm "supposed" to get with basic cable work fine. But I noticed that my JVC DVR has also detected several unscrambled HD channels (mostly HD versions of local stations) that I can select by typing in the channel-subchannel numbers (e.g., 12-720). But, of course, the Google TV search function doesn't know about these since the cable company doesn't publish this information. Seems like there ought to be some way to edit the channel number list so that, for example, instead of the NBC network channel being known to Google TV as channel 10 on the STB, it uses, say, 9-730. This channel number mapping has to be a simple table stored in the system somewhere. It would be nice to be able to edit this table of channel numbers.

2. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

I know you can delete channels if they are added wrongly. I am not in front of my GTV now, but I believe you can add channels through the settings section.

3. mcorley929

mcorley929 New Member

As best I can tell, all you can do is select/deselect channels that GTV lists as being available through your provider. I couldn't find a way to add or modify any of the information provided. If you find a way, please post the procedure.