Quantcast

Need some help please!

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by aaron130, Jan 9, 2013.

1. aaron130

aaron130 New Member

Hey guys! I just got my costar yesterday , coming from the latest Sony google tv box cuz I heard this one was better. Just one question I need help with. I have a USB stick filled with movies, on my Sony I just put the stick in and go to the media app and they were all there!! Easy! Now with the costar I put the stick in and can't find any app that finds them!! Anyone have any idea how to play movies on a flash stick on the costar?? Thx ALOT!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Try the new ViMu GTVbox found here https://play.google.com/store/apps/...GwsMSwxLDEsIm5ldC5ndHZib3gudmlkZW9wbGF5ZXIiXQ .... Go to Options> Advance Preferences and check mark the block, "Launch on USB connected" ....

• Like Like x 2
  3. plac

plac New Member

What formatting is your usb stick using? You probably need to try something else. Mine's NTFS. I read that anything over 32gb needs to be ntfs, but I also read that the HP USB stick formatting tool will format fat16 over 32gb. Good luck.

4. dj_dicam

dj_dicam New Member

You can also use the Playpoint app - just choose Playpoint USBas your media source in playpoint.

5. plac

plac New Member

Just depends on the formatting of this USB stick, as to weather or not android playpoint can read it. I remember plugging mine in, how it scared the hell out of me when playpoint took over and began "preparing the disk". There are two well known tools for reformatting usb sticks properly, which he might want to try.

Flash Memory Stick/Card/SD formatting, backup, & re-flash (restore)
    ================================================
    Panasonic SD Card Format Software
    SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Formatting Software | Download | SD Memory Card | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

HP USB Flash or SD Format Tool:
    HP tool gives option to create DOS start Disk to USB, where win does.
    HP allows creation of a FAT32 volume larger than 32 GB.
    Download HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 Free - Windows-based Format Utility for HP Drive Key or DiskOnKey USB Device - Softpedia

Note:
    SDXC Memory Cards may require SDXC Drivers:
    Do not format the SDXC memory card in a non-compatible device because it will erase the data on the SDXC memory card and format the card for a different file system, making it incompatible with SDXC devices.

SDXC Drivers:
    https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/sdxc_capabilities/using_sdxc#cards-for-pcs

SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Format Download
    https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

USB 3.0 Reader/Writer Driver and utility
    Utility software to USB 3.0 Reader/Writer BN-SDCMAB.(for Windows) | Download | SD Memory Card | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

Microsoft xFat Update for XP
    Download Update for Windows XP (KB955704) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Ehow Version (Create Bootable SD Disks)
    How to Create a SD Card Bootdisk | eHow.com

Also consider majorgeeks dot com forums (support).