Quantcast

Need key combo for Sony TV

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by trallyus, Aug 23, 2011.

1. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I hate to ask this but there are times I would love to know what resolution I am getting when watching stuff on my Sony Google Tv and the only time I see it show up is when I am changing channels. Is there a key combo for the Sony Google TV that will pop up the screen resolution of the tv program I am watching without having to turn the channel?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Notice the purple letting on the [Fn] key and the text above the [4] which says "Info". You can get the current channel info by pressing [Fn]+[4].

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Is there a way to make that work with stations that are not using the built in tuner eferz as I was hoping to get the info to show up when I selected Composite and hdmi as well but that key combo does not work for those.
    Trallyus

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That's odd. I have my Xbox 360 connected to HDMI 1, and while toggled to that input and pressing the [Fn]+[4] key combination I see, "HDMI 1, Full, 1080p HD 16:9 [)(] Dolby", on the bottom left-hand portion of the screen and the current time on the right.

By the way, how are you using Composite when all I saw was the one set of Component connections on the back of the television?

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I am using composite hook up for the dish dvr as it does not have any hdmi jacks available for it and for hdmi I am using a wdtv live plus. I also have coaxial input for over the air channels. I think my problem may be that the remote is keyed to the dvr when using composite so that may be why the FN+4 key does not work

By the way, the inputs on the back of the tv are component or composite and depending on what you use the tv auto detects if it's component or composite hookup.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's most likely the case. Sony doesn't have the IR blaster codes for the Xbox 360 yet, so I can't setup the Google TV to control it.

Haha. I just looked up the Quick Setup Guide and apparently the Green (Y) input of the Component cluster will switch to Composite or Component (Y) accordingly. Interesting. I guess that I should have RTMFM. lol