Quantcast

Need help with streaming any video

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by tannor, Nov 27, 2012.

1. tannor

tannor New Member

So when i first got the googleTV i was able to stream with either Play Point or the GTVbox

using either Servillo or Windows Media Player.

I am not sure what happened and cannot say for sure but seems to be the time around I did the latest firwmare update, I cannot stream from my Windows 7 box using Servillo or WMP

I can stream to my PS3 or Nexus 7 tablet from my Windows box, so I know the media servers are working.

Does anyone have any ideas? It is driving me insane? I use Discover UPnP/DLNA resources and cannot connect. I can ping the ip address of the googletv box from my main windows 7 PC.

Thanks

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Did rebooting the computer help any.

3. tannor

tannor New Member

nope dones that several times.

So far have rebooted google box and PC several times.

To me if it was a windows box then the tablet and ps3 would not be able to connect? Has to be something with google box just don't know what it.

It has an ip address? I cleared cache from gt4vbox

I am really stumped

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Try resetting the router if that is not too much trouble as google tvs have problems sometimes with routers that everything else works except the google tv and resetting the router usually fixes the problem.

5. amartin

amartin New Member

There's a plex post on another forum, which has been referenced many times in this forum, that gives you some registry and sharing help for windows 7 machines. Once I did that, I could find the windows 7 server with any of the co star software. Before that it was hit or miss.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tannor

tannor New Member

Well after spending hours on this and finally posting something finally hit me

I have a Verion Fios Router that is supplied to me, I have been using the WIFI on it since it true Wirless N, so was thinking would get better speeds. I have always done that what happened I do not know. I reset the router nothing.

I then decided to connect to the wifi with costar to my older Linksys wrt54g that is connected in the network, and now I can see servillo and stream.

So I am all good now just don't understand what changed and why?

7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Whats up Tannor here we go again ....!(lol) Go here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...io-co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience.html and to the Skifta (DLNA) section, (Side Load) the app to your Co-Star and go to Skifta's website and install the Skifta server on to your PC, set up all your media content (Paths) like your did with Serviio ... Our tagets will be Windows media player, Serviio and PlayPoint ...

Open Windows Media Player, go to the top right side, click on "Stream", a drop menu will appear, check mark Allow remote control of my player, check mark Automatically allow devices to play my media .... Click on More streaming options and make sure you have everything set to allow (See Photo Above Coming later) ....

One more thing Tannor, on your Windows PC make sure "Homegroup settings are set up correctly (Share Libraries) ...ect, take care good buddy, I hope this info will help you solve your issues ... (Skifta Is A Certified DLNA APP) ....

*Awesome if you got everything working again, new router huh ...!(lol)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Tannor do you have your Windows Media Player set up like in the above photo, it helps with the DLNA connection with the Co-Star via PlayPoint ....

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012