Quantcast

need help from the gurus!

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by jonjuelo, Jul 1, 2013.

1. jonjuelo

jonjuelo New Member

My 47ga6400 has started to go into the home screen on its own. No matter what hdmi input i use it keeps going into the home screen. If i try to watch tv it will be fine for about 2 to 5 seconds and go to the home screen, if i try another input, like my ps3 or xbox it does the same.

Also it does not want to play any movies no matter what media player i try. Ive tried everything including factory resets and nothing fixes the problems.
    Can anyone help? Thanks guys!

2. wolfpack1298

wolfpack1298 New Member

I have the same model, but have not encountered the issue you describe. You might try taking the batteries out of the remote to test if the remote is causing the issue. You could also try setting it back to factory reset.

As far as the video payer goes, I did a lot of research and settled on the Vimu app as my player. It plays all of my Mkv and Divx files with no issues. It will also display your cover art if you organize your folders in the appropriate structures.

Airtight is another great app that enables AirPlay with your apple devices.

Good luck.

3. jonjuelo

jonjuelo New Member

I called the geek squad and apparently it's the motherboard. They ordered a new one and will come back next week to replace it. But its crazy that a 2 month old tv is already acting up. Hopefully I won't have any more issues after this, because I love this tv! Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  4. jonjuelo

jonjuelo New Member

I also use vimu and love it. I use mizuu to organize my movies, display cover art, get movie description, actors bio, etc...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2