Quantcast

Need a dash for direct channels access

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by macosal, Mar 24, 2011.

1. macosal

macosal New Member

I'm feeding the basic cable channels without a cable box through a DVD recorder. The digital channels are numbers like 15-23 or 114-1. Sony mini keyboard does not have a dash. There is a Function Dash, but when I hit that the disc carrier opens or closes. I can just enter the whole number like 114 and then advance to the channel I want, but this is not a very satisfactory result.
    Thanks for any info,
    Steve

2. sprank1

sprank1 New Member

I think you just use the period key. So, if you want channel 15-23 you would use 15.23

3. macosal

macosal New Member

Thanks, I bet the period does work. I'm not at home now to try it. I am wondering about your setup for HULU what is PlayOn??

4. sprank1

sprank1 New Member

PlayOn is a media server software that runs on a computer. It allows you to stream lots of different things to different devices. I use it to stream things like Netflix, Hulu, and other things like that to my Google TV, Android Phone, Android Tablet and iPad. There is a yearly cost for the PlayOn software, but I find that it is worth it. You can check it out and try out the free trial to see if it works for you.

Watch Internet Videos on Your TV | PlayOn