Quantcast

NBA League Pass Broadband

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by jonw747, Nov 1, 2012.

1. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

I experimented a lot with this last night accessing the NBA All Access site using the Chrome browser and the player will actually come up. Unfortunately part of the screen was not displayed, but I was able to see it using pinch-zoom (or Ctrl-Up/Down). That exposed the rest of the screen, and most importantly the maximize button. Unfortunately, when I tried to maximize a live game, it would never load and play. On the other hand, when I did the same with an archived game it worked great - and I could even use the mosaic mode. I love the fact that we can hide the scores, but the inability to use FF or REW, let alone 30-second skip is annoying. I did find I can skip about a minute ahead if I click with the touchpad just to the right of the current play marker. Still, that's pretty fussy. I could play live games if I left the player in the initial medium mode, and even adjust things a bit by closing the scores and zooming the window, but since I couldn't pan down, I couldn't get it to fill the screen exactly. The video quality was pretty good give or take a few hiccups - but it was a lot better than last year when they clearly couldn't handle the load from the fans trying out the free period. In other words, the Google Tv could really use a new NBA app. There actually is one now, but for whatever reason it doesn't play LP video.

2. R_J

R_J New Member

Hey, i was able to log in to the nba broadband section of the site, i got it full screen working well, just wasnt HD. However for NFLs version of the online pass i was able to see it in HD...

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the NFL Game Rewind service?

There was a long thread with some suggestions and tips here:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ssion/5785-will-nfl-game-rewind-work-gtv.html

Yes NFL Game Rewind works with GTV in HD - although many report annoying Shockwave crashes. I've personally tried NFL Game Rewind with my Logitech Revue (OS 3.1) - and I experienced 4 Shockwave crashes per NFL game. One crash near the end of each quarter.

The streaming of the "NFL Sunday Ticket" service (the live games) doesn't work with GTV.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. jonw747

I didn't notice an indicator of the quality, but it started out kind of grainy but after a bit it cleared up and looked real good. I could believe it was streamed 720p like it's supposed to be. If you manage to get a live game to play full screen, let me know (there weren't any Thursday night).

5. N3RD

N3RD New Member

Anymore luck at all with this guys?

6. jonw747

No change as far as I know. GTV needs an NBA app, but it does work via Chrome with the issues I've already discussed.