Quantcast

Navi-X for Google TV 2.0 Release?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by neveroffline, Dec 31, 2011.

1. neveroffline

neveroffline New Member

What do you want/not want?

Please take the time to answer as this will reflect the final product release.

If you have specific sites to request now is the time.

icefilms is out for now. If you really need that you can use our Navi-X phone/tablet Android version in which it is fully supported.

Thank you all for your interest.

2. lardo5150

lardo5150 New Member

I have never heard of navi-x till now.
    Looking at the website now.

When you say sites, do you mean sites to stream from?

I am dying for a way to get SiriusXM.

3. neveroffline

neveroffline New Member

Right, yes, we are taking requests for sites to stream from (mainly videos, but audio too).

I believe SiriusXM will be a no go unless they offer a way for us to integrate.

We do offer a Shoutcast section on our other devices, however on the GTV this is not yet implemented. I will look into seeing if I can sneak that in for you.

4. monkeydick

monkeydick New Member

oh sweet jesus yes! please, yes! I can't imagine how beautiful it would be integrated into my sony 46".

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I wish there was a video of navi-x in action on the google tv as currently I use plex, but I saw in the comments that navi-x works great with usb sticks. Would love to see it in action before I decide to buy it as I never heard of it before either.

6. bagh11

bagh11 New Member

YAY! Navi-X is one app sorely missing from Google TV today. I have had to use my laptop or mac mini for Boxee with Navi-X plugin at present so having it as a direct app (without a Boxee or Plex extension) would be extremely useful!! Same features as what are present today would be sufficient.

7. twiz

twiz New Member

A bit confused - is this the Amo Navi-X app which is currently available for Google TV (I purchased and installed it on my Revue from the Google Play website for 3.99, new version works great), or will this be a Navi-X app by a different developer?

8. neveroffline

neveroffline New Member

This is the "amo Navi-X" application and is an update from 1.x. 1.x to 2.0+ is a huge improvement. Thanks for your interest and comments. You may alternatively use the Developer contact from the Play Store to contact us directly. Always good to have a few more testers.

9. twiz

twiz New Member

**edited** Navi-X is working again for both my boxes this morning again. They're on different ISPs, but perhaps it was just a server issue? We'll keep this in mind in the future. Thanks and keep up the great app!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  10. snook789

snook789 New Member

Awesome I will update when I get home
    What's the improvements ?
    I thought I saw a place for favorites (my playlists) but I couldn't find it when I went looking the other day.
    Do you have this?
    For those of you that don't know what that is on Navi-X its the playlists you create on navixtreme.com

I do notice a glitch.
    Hard to describe but here it goes.
    When I try to navigate, the highlight to select has 2 "rings" around the square thumbnails.
    One moves as I direct it, the other stays behind one.
    I have to get these "2" selectors to both light up on an item to select.
    Follow that ?
    LOL

11. neveroffline

neveroffline New Member

snook789, that sounds like a 1.0 issue, please upgrade to 2.0 from the play market, and if you enjoy, please don't forget to rate us. :)

Thanks to all the others who have taken the time to give us 5 stars on the market recently, we really do appreciate it.

12. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Are there any videos of Navi-x in action on the google tv ? And if so where can I find them as I can't tell if I would use the program from the screenshots on the google play store.

13. jphccfc

jphccfc New Member

I have just purchased the app as I have heard a lot about it and thought to give it a go. Tried a few streams and so far seems pretty good. Not as good as plex but all in all a good app for scraping online content.

14. neveroffline

neveroffline New Member

Thank you for the kind words. I'm super happy that you've compared us to Plex which is basically XBMC redesigned. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Our new interface is slowly trickling down to Navi-X on other platforms and we are excited to be honored in such a way. Thank you.

15. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I couldn't enough information to decide whether I wanted this app either and passed for now. I might look again in another month or two and see if more information is available.

16. bagh11

bagh11 New Member

I have one feature request: sometimes a stream ends abruptly midway. In that scenario, we have no option but to play the entire content from start. Would it be possible to fast forward or even better play the next time from somewhere in the middle?

17. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

18. jphccfc

jphccfc New Member

The more I have used this app the better it gets. I have streamed some hd movies now and the performance and quality is superb.

19. jphccfc

jphccfc New Member

It doesnt look like that from a ui perspective but it gets the same video sources and just displays them in a basic way icons highlighting music tv films etc. Its a great app sometimes links don't work but that's the exception not the norm. I can pretty much always find what I want and the quality is always good.

20. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering why do you support a site like "Icefilms"? (even if only in the phone/tablet version for now) - when the official Navi-X terms of agreement on their web site goes on and on about how they defend and respect copyright issues and violations.

I think most users are aware about what IceFilms is all about.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012