Quantcast

NAVi-X for Android

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by HDCowboy, Nov 16, 2011.

1. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Was playing around with my Boxee software for my HTPC in the living room last night and loaded up Navi-X.
    Its a kick ass plug in/repository on the Boxee and after searching I see they now have a plug in for Android
    tablets also. If this would work on the Google TV it would really kick butt.

Navi-X media streaming arrives on Android

https://market.android.com/details?...ch_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImFtby5uYXZpeCJd

Has anyone tried it? If not I'd be more than willing to pay you the 2.99 by Pay Pal to do so. I guess I'm going to have to spend
    some time and learn this business about side loading apps on the Google Tv.

Seems strange they can get Google TV apps working on Booxe, it would be nice if we could get there apps working on Google Tv.......

http://gigaom.com/video/boxee-box-tips/

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. iRoNBiLL

iRoNBiLL New Member

Great news... rumor has it Neveroffline has this in the works... no definite confirmations... all I got was a wink. ;)

iRoNBiLL

Project Coordinator
    Team Navi-X

• Like Like x 2
  3. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Thats great news! Thank you sir!!!! ;););)

Need any Beta Testers????

HD

4. iRoNBiLL

iRoNBiLL New Member

We are currently experiencing an outage for Navi-X. Please check our Twitter feed for updates when service is restored. Sorry and thanks.

Bill

P.S. I can't say for sure it's happening but I heard Thanksgiving is going to be a great day for users... we shall see. :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Yes I figured something was up yesterday after I went ahead and purchased the Navi-X app and installed it on my Acer tablet and it wouldnt pick up anything. Seemed to be acting funny in Boxee at the same time so I figured it must have been some kind of network problem. Tried it one last time before I went to bed last night and it seemed to be working then but didnt get much time to play with it and try it out.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  6. iRoNBiLL

iRoNBiLL New Member

Well crap, after talking with the creator of the Amo Navi-X app on Android, it appears the app is being taken off the market temporarily until piracy of the app is contained. This also means the GoogleTV release will have to wait as well and will not be available this week. I am very sorry to disappoint folks, but the piracy of Neverofflines apps must be contained first and a checking system implemented. When the issue is resolved, I will keep you posted on progress of the release of Navi-X for GoogleTV when Neveroffline gives me an update. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL

Project Coordinator
    Team Navi-X

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You know... not that I have any experience in running liquor during The Prohibition or anything, but removing something from the open market only encourages less than scrupulous activity. Perhaps you should consider advising the developer in using a online registration tool that enables certain functions in the app when purchased. This way the APK can be freely distributed, offer a way for the customer to test the application, and still retain its monetary value.

8. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

That sucks! I guess he can look at it two different ways, 1) Free Advertisement - They wouldn't try to steal it unless it was really good and and word of mouth about a good product will create more customers or 2) He needs to come up with some sort of online registration system like Efers was talking about or set it up where the app checks the serial number of the device its running on and shuts itself down on any device its not registered to, if that's even possible. Unfortunately those hacker types if they really want something they'll find a way to get it somehow, but why go though all that trouble to steal a $3.99 app though? Why not just buy it and support the author? Well anyways good luck to Neveroffline however he chooses to go about and I'll be buying a copy as soon as its on the market, I'd love to see how it plays on the Google TV.

9. iRoNBiLL

iRoNBiLL New Member

Well it looks like it's back online for the Android again. He will be implementing a system here in the next week or two and the GoogleTV project should be back on as well. Fingers crossed we'll get to see it in the future! Keep you posted.

iRoNBiLL

• Like Like x 2
  10. snook789

snook789 New Member

Hey Bill! Glad to see you over here....
    I know you from the Boxee forum :)

Well I was considering Google Tv, and did a search for it with Navi-X, and found this thread.
    That's awesome news!
    It got me to pull the trigger and I just ordered Sony NSZ-GT1 :D

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  11. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

While this seems to be an excellent app on Boxee after taking some time with it tonight on my Android tablet I cant get it to play anything. I'll click an icon and I get a message about "Please wait: scraping http:\\blah.blah.blah" and then after a frew seconds "Unable to find anything to play, please try again soon". Using the Boxee version and clicking on the same thing works like a charm. I dont get it! Is there a bug with the Android version or am I missing something? I've tried this on both my old Acer A100 and my new A500 and never have been able to get it to work.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  12. iRoNBiLL

iRoNBiLL New Member

If you google search for "amo remote v2 thread" and click the first link, you can get with Neveroffline the creator and he can help you with that. Reach out to him as soon as possible... he's good at fixing these types of issues.

iRoNBiLL

13. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Well loks like I'm gonna try and get a refund on this app, hopefully it will work on the Goggle TV but with my Android tablets I haven't gotten anywhere with it. I was really wanting to brag on Navi-X because it's the best Boxee app there is. I contacted Neveroffline but that didn't help either......oh well!

14. iRoNBiLL

iRoNBiLL New Member

How are you streaming? Over WiFi? 3G? 4G?? It would be nice to know. Also what player for Android are you using to play these files in? I hear that makes a difference too. Please don't just give up on life... it would be such a waste of good times! :D

iRoNBiLL

15. iRoNBiLL

iRoNBiLL New Member

Hey Peeps... Navi-X for Google TV came out finally! Please check Spotlight in the Android Market on your Google TV to find this now. Thanks to Neveroffline for all his work and support on this... his apps and work are greatly appreciated!!

iRoNBiLL

16. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I could not find "Naxi-X" on the Android Market, unless it is called, "amo Navi-X". If this is the correct one, then I have to ask whether or not Neveroffline made sure the Manifest.XML file is set appropriately because it doesn't appear to be compatible.

17. snook789

snook789 New Member

I was unable to find Navi-X either....
    Can't be amo Navi-X as that has been up since before this post..
    Posting about something finally out... Can you post the link please?

Thanks!

18. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Amo Navi-x is what this thread is all about! At least that is the Android version, as to whether its compatible with GTV I have no idea, IronBill will have to confirm that one.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  19. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Seriously, why would he post this message if it wasn't?

20. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Seriously, Why did you ask if you already knew? I was just trying to help! LOL!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011