Quantcast

Navi-x apps on co-star

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by seanwi, Sep 26, 2012.

1. seanwi

seanwi New Member

Hi
    Is there someone out there who tried to install the the "navi-x " media search apps on the co-star?
    If "yes" is it actually work?

I will apreaciate if someone will try and test it and write here is common

Thanks ​

2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The amo Navi-X for Google TV, a must got to have, works like a charm on the Vizio Co-Star, sweet ... More movies/TV than Hollywood, the read deal, yeah ....!(lol)

3. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

It's a very confusing app, with tons of different video lists and many broken links, but once you find something that actually works ... the download option is golden.

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The amo navi-x For Google TV was just updated a few days ago ...! Their is no set directions on which way to navigate, but just take your time, and get to know the app, it's sweet ....!

5. seanwi

seanwi New Member

From where do you down load this apps?
    Is it stright forward from the google play?
    Is it come pre installed on the co star?
    Or should you install that from "third place"?

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

7. jonw747

Yes, it's sweet if you want to spend your time clicking around and trying to figure out what works, and what doesn't work; but with a paid app, I was kind of hoping that someone else had gone to the bother of verifying the links, making sure the videos were playable, and organized the various playlists in some meaningful way. And since the Navi-x server apparently scours the internet for every video it can find, it's not readily apparent if you're playing pirated video and are going to receive a DMCA letter from your ISP - or if the link is 100% legit.

8. seanwi

seanwi New Member

9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yeah, it's a pay app , well worth it too ...! The developer is also a member of this website ....

10. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Good Point. I had posted about the new "Six Strikes Online Piracy Program" in the off-topic section of the forum.

Six strikes online piracy program set to deploy this year | Geek.com

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I believe all the piracy issues have been resolved, concerning/surrounding the amo Navi-X For Google TV app .... Google will not let apps that violate the policies of the Google Play Store dealing with pirate apps be in the GPS ...

12. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I disagree. I don't own the app - but IMO the main reason "most" people would spend $4 on this app is not for 50 year old public domain movies - but rather the "good" recent Hollywood stuff.

For one thing Navi-X supports Ice Stream (which is all about downloading and sharing copyrighted material).

Also on post #555 in the following thread (see link below) - the Navi-X screenshot has a bunch of what look to be recent Hollywood movies hosted on "Movreel". Movreel is like a Megaupload kind of web site. (The Feds shut down Megaupload - but other sites still do it).

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience-56.html (see screenshot on post #555)

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer - I'm just calling it as I see it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  13. seanwi

seanwi New Member

Is the apk file of this navi x will work on android and tablet phones?

14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yes, their is a version for smartphones and tablets at the Google Play Store ....

Piracy:

This is what one of the owners of the "amo Navi-X For Google TV" app had to say about the piracy issue, before we accuse a app of being a pirate app, we should get the facts first ... I truly trust Google to not sell a app solely for the purpose to exploit copyright laws ...

iRoNBiLL
    [​IMG] Senior Member [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Join Date Mar 2009 Location Las Vegas, NV Posts 1,960
    [​IMG]
    Whew, glad to hear you are not the same Rookie from XBMC forums!
    With that said, let me re-focus my message so I better explain:

I was actually banned from XBMC forums along time ago because of a person with the same name as you engaged me in a "flaming war", which lead to a spill over with an Team XBMC member. Fun!

This application is not peer to peer or gnutella or bittorrent driven, we rely on XML sources directly from websites hosting content and scrapers to generate playlists. NBC shows come from NBC.com... CBS shows from CBS.com and so on. We also utilize other sources on the internet that host video.

As for calling Navi-X a piracy app, that is incorrect. We are a content aggregator that pools content from the internet like other content aggregators... anything with a link can be linked and most likely probably is on Navi-X, with the stipulation that if law enforcement shuts down a website, we do not offer content from them anymore. Again, I have no intention on declaring who is working within legal limitations and who is not... this is for law enforcement to decide. They can take down their domains if they see fit. I also don't intend on paying people for watching content I find on the internet, because if it is offered on their site, I assume it is legal and justified if the cops didn't take it down.

I have already been told by several members of Team Boxee they have no concerns about our app and that they wish us well, so I have no other reason to believe otherwise. (EDIT: THIS DOES NOT MEAN BOXEE PROMOTES OR ENDORSES US, CAUSE THEY DO NOT!) They certainly don't appear to want to ban us if this is your concern. As for content owners, they can control what is available on the internet and what is not. If they don't want their content to be publicly accessible on the internet, DON'T PUT IT ON THE INTERNET. It's that's simple. It is not illegal to link to content and you don't need a business co-op to do this either... this is fact.

Glad to hear you are not from the XBMC forums either btw. Thanks for clearing that up.

Warm Regards,

iRoNBiLL

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  15. seanwi

seanwi New Member

What is the latest version of the navi x apps?
    If i had it on my mobile phone can i transfer it and install it on the co-star?

16. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The "amo navi-X For Google TV" is for the Vizio Co-Star, works like a charm too, sweet ...!(lol) Also their is a smartphone and tablet version too ...

17. jonw747

fwiw, I think it's worth the price just for the download option and I'm more than happy paying for an app that plays legal content like PlayOn does, but directly on the GoogleTv box without requiring an additional server. But yeah, if I was working for a movie studio and was looking for an easy way to find out who I should be issuing take down notices to, launching Navi-X wouldn't be a bad approach.

18. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I'm not going to get in a debate with anybody, one of the owners of the "amo Navi-X For Google TV" in the above post has clarified the piracy issue... The "amo Navi-X For Google TV" app is not a piracy app, that's good enough for me ....

As far as Playon is concern, it's a outright piracy app and they are doing it without permission from the content providers, this is a known fact ...(lol) So on the Playon Server, their no such thing as legal content, again no debate, just facts ...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  19. jonw747

Navi-X doesn't provide the content, so no he's not pirating, but when the main page of the app is filled with playlists that point to pirated material ... umm ... it's pretty clear what the app is about. And whatever legal content the app displays is made that much harder to find because of the broken links to videos that were taken down and/or simply won't play.
    Are we talking about the same app? PlayOn simply plays content using public web sites of the content providers. If the providers didn't want people to view the material (and the ads which support it), they wouldn't make it public. Not to mention, but the Android viewer app for it is in the Google play store as well. However, the PlayOn agreement does push any liability regarding the legality of the content being played - on the customer. Given it can play local-media and accept plugins this is understandable. Place shifting and time shifting, however, are both legal practices.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

{LMAO}, Dude you are off the chain, off the hook ...(lol)