Quantcast

My Sony GoogleTV finally did something awesome!

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by scotty_b_goode, Jan 14, 2012.

1. scotty_b_goode

scotty_b_goode New Member

Sorry if someone already noticed this, but I've been fairly disappointed in the mediaplayer on the Sony google tv after using my WDTV Live Hub for the past two years (which did metadata and had a smooth media interface). Now so far my Google TV has played any media video file. My WDTV Live Hub would not play a few .ts files a wmv file and had a problem with one very big avi.

When I set up my Google TV I just accessed my WDTV as a network device / dlna. The Google TV has played every single damn video on there - even the ones that the WDTV would not play. All without a hitch whatsoever. This alone makes me a lot happier with the set top box. Now if they can just let us get a better media player interface with metadata on Android we'd be all set.

Was excited about this find and thought I had to post it someplace where at least one other person might appreciate it.

2. Chunkybug

Chunkybug New Member

This is why I still love and use my WDTVLive combined with GTV ..

3. snook789

snook789 New Member

ya, that's awesome
    I do the same, and connect my Boxee with that harddrive and access it through my network, and I can play anything on it
    But my GTV really didn't come alive till I installed and started using Plex for Google Tv
    I like it better then my Boxee for a media player
    If you haven't tried it yet, I highly suggest it
    Wait till you see how it handles Tv Series. Really slick

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I agree with you snook789,
    I find myself using plex for google tv more then my boxee box. I love how it shows how long the show has played as well as how much time is left in the show. Also I love how it remembers where I stopped watching a show at. I can't wait until HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) comes to google tv so ALL my videos play on plex as well as hulu and channel support. :)