Quantcast

My Revue sends out duplicate IR codes for a non standard STB

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by lchiu7, Feb 4, 2012.

1. lchiu7

lchiu7 New Member

I am using a non standard DVB-T HD STB with the Revue. It outputs video/audio over HDMI. I have added it as a new device and went through learning the IR codes. I can see the codes are learnt okay because when I press the button requested (like "1") I can see the code is learnt and the STB also responds appropriately.

But after the learning is complete when I try to send the codes from the Revue keyboard, it seems to send the codes twice. So Channel UP ends going up two channels and pressing "1" sends "11". Interestingly I taught my Harmony 880 the same codes and it works fine.

So at the moment when I being a Watch GTV activity on my Harmony 880 (with the Revue added as a device) I have it setup so that channel changes are done with the 880 rather than the Revue. That works fine but it would be nice if the Revue could be programmed to send basic commands like channel up/down and channel number selection without having the command sequence duplicated.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I suspect the problem you're experiencing is the result of the Revue recording a copy of the RAW signal with the repeat frames embedded. You should try using this document, "http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/logitech-revue/2679-how-setup-other-devices-logitech-revue.html" to learn three different commands from your OEM remote. The Revue will then use this delta to search and download a compatible IR profile for your device.

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Or try this,

Re- teach (re-learning) the IR codes – this time try to make short-press on the remote keys (don’t it hold for too long),

see more on IR click here

Good Luck

4. lchiu7

lchiu7 New Member

I have deleted the device and readded it a few times each time relearning the codes, And I have watched the STB respond appropriately to each key as I press esch button.

Since my 880 has learnt the codes correctly I have even used the 880 to send the codes. They are learnt as expected but the revue still sends out duplicate commands.

I could not see how information in that link could help me since my STB is non standard and not in the Logitech database.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The name might not be in the database but that doesn't mean your set-top box won't be able to respond to an IR profile which is compatible with it. That's why using the three IR signals to search for a compatible match will help in these situations. Btw, what is the manufacturer name and model of your set-top box?

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

• Try placing the remote directly in front of Revue - while teaching IR codes make a snappy press on the remote key (or set a shorter “duration” on the Harmony remote before teaching IR codes) – to avoid sending duplicate codes.

• You may try this later as a last result - click here

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  7. lchiu7

lchiu7 New Member

OK I get that since each time I try to find the STB and enter the three keys it says it needs more information on the device and I end having to enter pretty much all the keys. The device is an off brand (I think it's called ExtraTerrestrial!) DVB-T STB. NOt surprised it's not in the Logitech database since it would not work in the US (I am not in the US) given there are no DVB-T transmissions there.

8. lchiu7

lchiu7 New Member

I will give it a shot both with the original remote and with the 880 that has learnt the codes correctly.

9. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

btw, Revue supports IR codes with any Generic STB - the IR codes should work correctly with the DVB-T STB.

Good Luck

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  10. lchiu7

lchiu7 New Member

It does after a fashion except it's sending duplicate codes.

And that's the problem I am trying to solve

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I notice while using the Logitech Harmony Database look up tool there is a relevant device, under device: "satellite", manufacturer: "eXtra Terrestrial", and model: "ETHD1080". So, if the OEM remote is using IR signals similar to the one in the database then it should match and download to your Revue. I'm also assuming you're in New Zealand since this manufacturer is found primarily there.

12. lchiu7

lchiu7 New Member

That worked great. When I entered that full model the system found it and downloaded the correct codes. I guess somebody in NZ(?) must have the same device and successfully taught the codes to their Harmony device.

Thanks for the hint.

• Like Like x 2
  13. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help.