Quantcast

My Revue seems to be getting slower and slower

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by svrider1000, Feb 19, 2015.

1. svrider1000

svrider1000 New Member

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I like my Revue because it integrates with my Cable and my family does not need to change HDMI interfaces to use it but it seems to be getting so slow. I was considering installing XBMC on it but do you think I am wasting my time with an Old Dinosaur? Also I have two Chromecasts and one Appletv on my bedroom TV's but does anyone know of a more modern product that can work like Google TV? Also I mostly use Plex and stream it from a desktop or laptop but I want something that can store content so I do not need to boot up another device to watch my content.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

As far as I know there is no way to install XBMC on a Logitech Revue, at least none that will result in XBMC working. I am not aware of another product like Google TV with HDMI input that brings a traditional TV source together with internet TV into a single HDTV HDMI input. Newer Google TV models I consider better than the Revue are still available although all have been discontinued now and Google has clearly left Google TV behind for Android TV. I don't know whether we will see any Google TV models updated to Android TV or whether any new Android TV models will have HDMI input, we should know those answers later this year.

3. guest

guest Active Member