Quantcast

My non-high def stations are not using the 1080i settings like they used to

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by MartyAVL, Feb 21, 2011.

1. MartyAVL

MartyAVL New Member

When I hooked my Logitech GoogleTV set up to my TV (Panasonic hi-def) and cable box, I noticed that my non-high definition stations had reverted back to 480i setting (square picture) and not the 1080i setting (16:9) that was filling my screen before. Is there some setting on the Logitech I need to change? I know this seems strange, but there is also a green vertical line on the right side of the picture on non-high def stations...Thanks for your help!:)

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

see my response in the following thread for my opinion on this matter:

click this link:
    http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...081-standard-definition-content-question.html

And just to clarify one more point. When you said that you were getting 1080i before and you aren't now because it doesn't fill the whole screen I understand what you are asking but what you are saying isn't technically correct. 480i/p, 720p, 1080i/p refers to the number of scan lines (vertical) and has nothing to do with whether the standard definition image is filling the entire screen or not as this has to do with the horizontal and when a standard definition image fills the entire screen 16:9 then it is a stretched or zoomed image, hence it is distorted or missing parts.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  3. MartyAVL

MartyAVL New Member

I appreciate the technical info (you are, of course, correct)...and yes I did mean filling the entire screen. I certainly can live with the standard definition image, but do you have any idea about why there is a green vertical line on the right side of the screen (only about a half-inch wide)?

4. harley man

harley man New Member

try doing a soft reboot crtl +alt+del and see if the lines go away