Quantcast

My new Revue is now set up but I have no audio

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by robbiegee, Oct 18, 2011.

1. robbiegee

robbiegee New Member

I am digging my new Revue except that I have no sound whatsoever! I am so confused, what could the problem be? Such a simple easy effortless setup, and to have no sound leaves me stumped. What should I try to do? Thanks.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The first thing I would do would be to make sure that you didn't accidentally press the "mute" button on your keyboard. The mute button is the second key from the end on the top left of your keyboard.

Next make sure that your volume isn't turned down too low. The volume control key is the key to the right of the mute key. I'm not sure what your set-up is - but if the steps I recommended didn't help - you might need to do a complete factory reset of your Revue.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Are you using a cable box with your Revue? If so what kind is it? Here is a list of threads from the Logitech Revue forum related to "no audio". I suggest you browse through them:

Search - Logitech Forums

4. trin20t

trin20t New Member

Give me some more details and I can help you. It could be a bad HDMI cable,box set on mute,ect.

5. dave4555

dave4555 New Member

the same thing is happening to me. i just installed my revue. this is my set up

dish network 722k to revue to insignia hd tv.

all through hdmi cables.

i cant get any audio from anything. i have checked the mute button. i have the revue hooked up in my bedrrom to work in my living room. its about 20-30 feet away. i have changed out hdmi cables and nothing works. any help would be greatly appreciated

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Twenty to thirty feet away? Have you tried connecting just the Revue to the television in your livingroom with a much shorter cable?

7. dave4555

dave4555 New Member

that is going to be my next step. if it does work that way, then i am going to return it. i have my satellite box in the bedroom and the tv is mounted and i have nowhere to put them in the livingroom.

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It could be a problem with the required 5V that needs to be maintained across the HDMI cable. If the voltage drops you'll have quirky issues and I find the Revue is more susceptible to voltage drops in the HDMI cable than most AV equipment. It is possible to use a signal booster, balun, or type of extenders for long HDMI runs, but I usually just recommend using better cabling which makes a big difference especially for long runs greater than 6 feet. In my opinion the best cables for long runs are the BJC Belden Series-1 Bonded-Pair HDMI Cable from BlueJeansCable.com and they're not even expensive. The problem with long cables is that they are more susceptible to signal attenuation which causes havoc in HDMI/HDCP transmission. So, you you really need to use high quality cables for long distances.

Also, I've seen a lot of people mount the Revue behind their television. It might be something you could consider.

9. brucedoyle

brucedoyle New Member

my revue is feeding a 25 ft. hdmi cable ... I put and HDMI amp in line and audio now works ... my DTV box can drive the audio across the cable fine but the revue box can not