Quantcast

My LCD TV not found in the list of TV manufacturer's.

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by atlas, Dec 23, 2011.

1. atlas

atlas New Member

I have a Westinghouse LCD TV in the bedroom. I wanted to install the NS7-GT1, in the bedroom since I decided to leave the Revue in the living room.

Since factory resetting the Sony device (it was originally installed in the living room for testing purposes), while going through the menu's for pre-setup. I discovered that the manufacturer for my LCD TV--Westinghouse, was not listed.

No I cant control the volume or change the channel from the Sony proprietary remote.

Seeing that the Westinghouse remote is using IR. Could I program the codes on the Sony device to have it learn the buttons on the Westinghouse remote? I Just need volume, channel, and input to work, that is all.

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, this is the limitation of the Google TV devices by Sony. They do not allow any changes to their IR platform. The best you can do is contact Sony Technical Support and demand that this compatibility be addressed in a future patch.

• Like Like x 2
  3. infinitesteps

infinitesteps New Member

I have a Westinghouse 42 in LCD TV (lvm-42w2) and it works with the Sony GTV remote. I had to choose my TV brand as "Sony." I think it worked with the very first Sony code: "1".

My impression is that Westinghouse only has two different remote control specifications. So if the first Sony code doesn't work with yours, try them all.

Hope this helps someone.

4. smuench

smuench New Member

I searched for my Westinghouse model VR4090 IR codes and found a great resource at westinghousedigital.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Remote_Codes_2012.pdf
    ended up using NEC code 30 and it works great