Quantcast

My GS7 keeps turning itself on! *F-bomb*

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by retroben, Mar 2, 2014.

1. retroben

retroben Active Member

I am seething with rage at how many numerous times I find that my GS7 is running after countless hours of not noticing that its on!
    One time,the whirring sound it normally makes when turned off stopped working for an entire week because of this issue.
    I wake up around 10:00AM and go throughout my day until as late as 1:00PM and I go to use my GS7 only to find it has been on for quite a while since it is hot!

If I did not have warranty to rely on,I would be screwed.

Does anyone know how I can fight this issue without needing to leave it unplugged all the time?

The most recent time it happened,it was barely warm when I turned it back off,then a mere few hours later on the
    same day,THE ******* THING HAD TURNED ITSELF ON AGAIN!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am not in front of an NSZ-GS7 but there should be power management or quick start setting within the settings menu, I don't recall what it is called. If it is set for quick start, it is never really off, always in a partially booted state and something running in the background or a signal to the HDMI port might fully boot it. Set that to energy save mode, which will mean longer start times when you use it but might prevent what you are seeing. I know I have mine set for energy savings and don't see that happening.

3. ponghclub

ponghclub Member

I bought extension outlet with led light on/off each switch from amazon to turn my co-star on/off.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

4. retroben

retroben Active Member

I do have my GS7 set to be completely off to save power,and to run on a clean slate every time.

Wow that's nifty,do you know a standard place I can get one of those if they are not super expensive?

I don't want to pay something insane like $70.00-$100.00 or more for individual power slot.

I wonder if there is a practical life-preserving plug with a built-in battery to prevent the frustration of short power surges.

There is that chunky thing that can keep desktop computers running up to 45 minutes in a power outage,but I can't remember what kind of price it has.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  5. ponghclub

ponghclub Member

6. retroben

retroben Active Member

By standard,I meant at a physical place like any Target,Best Buy,Wal-Mart,etc.

But thanks anyway.

7. retroben

retroben Active Member

From BestBuy,I just got the CyberPower battery backup 625va/375 watts with up to a 65 minute runtime!

It was at a steep price of $71.00 tax-and-all,while it is only a mere $15.00 more than a lower powered 35 minute version.

8. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am running Google TV at 720p with my two 720p displays and 1080p with my one 1080p display and see no overheating issues for any of mine. I do have the Co-Star sitting in the open and well ventilated and don't use it to control a TV source, basically Netflix and Vudu only, so it might overheat if I actually used it like most people would.

9. retroben

retroben Active Member

You may have replied in the wrong topic ChrisG8.