Quantcast

My Dog ate my remote..literally

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by NateNeb, Jan 12, 2012.

1. NateNeb

NateNeb New Member

I have a Sony NSX 46GT1 and our dog chewed up the remote. I tried to use the chewed up version, but no go. The television when you turn it on just has the starting screen with the time and standard apps displayed across the screeen...taunting me So I ordered a replacement remote and it just arrived and I have put in batteries and I turned on the TV and the same opening screen just sits there mocking me. Is there a reset button or sync procedure??? Any help would be appreciated...with making the remote work. BTW the dog is fine.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Cannot pair the keypad remote control with the Internet TV device.

3. mm9351

mm9351 New Member

Do you own an ipad or iphone? There is an amazing app that controls the NSX that you can use as a main or backup remote control. Now get this...you can speak to the search engine! It's like the siri app for your GTV. Download here: App Store - Google TV Remote

4. skydancerusa

skydancerusa New Member

First, I assume this was the most expensive side dish your dog (or you) have had, sorry about that. Keep your dog remote...from your remotes. Second, the same google tv remote app mentioned above is also available on the android market if you have an android smart phone. I don't know if it would help get your tv set up again, as it also has to sync your phone with your tv. Once you do get your tv set up again, the smart phone remote app is a great alternative to the original remote. .

5. flippingout

flippingout New Member

Depending on what phone you have there are apps available. On Android Google has a great GTV app for phones and the tablet. Find it at https :// market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.tvremote&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5hcHBzLnR2cmVtb3RlIl0.

I can't post links yet so the link above has spaces in it.