Quantcast

Music

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by guest, Aug 31, 2013.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I just noticed something about playing music on web-based radio with a Google TV. Perhaps someone else will find it of use. With GTV, if you are listening to music, but go to a different website, the music will stop. With WebTV/MSNTV from years ago, that didn't happen.

I noticed that if I go to the Options page/Windows and click New Incognito Window, the music will continue playing even after exiting the site. Is this capability new or has it always existed with GTV?

As well, with many online banking websites, to verify identity, the bank will send a one-time code to your e-mail address. The code can't be gotten from your e-mail and then placed into the required spot on the bank's website without using this options/windows/new incognito window solution. The alternative would be to have a second computer, just to access the e-mail code.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I just tried it with iHeart Radio from the GTV Spotlight section. It worked as you stated.

One thing that I'll add is that the drawback of using the incognito window is that you won't be signed-in when visiting web sites.

However I just did some testing - and I found out that after I go to the incognito window - if I then open a new (regular) window - the music will still still continue playing. And then I don't have to re-sign in to web sites.

So I go to iHeart Radio ----> incognito window ----> new (regular) window.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. guest

guest Active Member

Thanks for your tip. If you don't do the following, incognito window ----> new (regular) window, options/history will not show your history of activity.