Quantcast

Multiple Tivos in same room

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by rhippler, Feb 5, 2011.

1. rhippler

rhippler New Member

I have two Tivos in the same room and was wondering if there was a way to tell the review which set of remote codes to use for the unit that is connected to it? It defaults to remote 0 which causes both Tivos to respond to any remote commands. Currently my only option is to just use the Tivo remote but it would be nice to navigate with the kbd when I already have it in hand.

2. tvman

tvman New Member

I am not familiar with Tivo, I have Dish, and I am a Dish Installer. If you can adjust the remote channel/frequency, why dont you leave the Primary Tivo(the one connected to your Revue) on the default frequency 0. Then change the other Tivo(without Revue) to a different frequency. Both Tivos will be on different frequencies, and you can use your keyboard.

3. rhippler

rhippler New Member

Only problem is that any Tivo will respond to remote 0. I have one set to 1 and the other to 2 currently, and both react to the review's remote commands.

4. tvman

tvman New Member

Ouch, That stinks. After digging into this further you are correct, freq 0 will control any tivo by default. I will keep digging and see what i can find.

5. rhippler

rhippler New Member

I figured I was hosed for the time being, but hoped that I had missed some hidden setting somewhere. Thanks.