Quantcast

MPEG2 Player

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by SolutionsEtc, Mar 8, 2013.

1. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

I am am looking for a video player I can install on the Co-Star that will play MPEG2 video files. I am using MX Player on my Nexus 4 & 7, but it appears it is not compatible with Google TV.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

There is no MPEG-2 support with the Vizio Co-Star and no way to change that short of Vizio paying the license fee and adding it with a firmware update and I doubt if that happens. I am sure the Marvell Armada 1500 can handle it if it is added.

3. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

Chris,

That is what third party players are for. Nexus doesn't support MPEG2 either, but MX Player transcodes on the fly.

4. ChrisG8

I am certainly not going to stop you, go ahead and add the player to your Co-Star to play MPEG-2. Here is a list from the developer of the ViMu player that shows codec support by player. I use the Sony NSZ-GT1 and NSZ-GS7, or should say would use if I had any MPEG-2 files now, I don't.

Video and audio formats - ViMu Player - Your Google TV Media player

I will let you ask someone with a better understanding of the technical reasons why there is no way to overcome the lack of native support on the player.

5. ChrisG8

If you want to use a PC to play the MPEG-2 files and act as a server and Google TV as a client, that is possible, I like ViMu as the best Google TV media player but it will not make your Co-Star play MPEG-2 or transcode without a PC or some other server.

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

I don't have a problem playing MPEG2 file format on my Co-Stars, all of my TV episodes are in MPEG2 file format ... That's the reason I don't listen to people who say they don't own a Co-Star ...

VIZIO CO-STAR NEW 2012/2013 SERVIIO SERVER v1.2 DLNA/UPNP EXTRA-ADDED ENHANCED MODIFIED PROFIILES.XML FILE:

EVERY MAJOR TV MANUFACTURER HAS A PROFILE IN THE NEW 2012/2013 SERVIIO SERVER v1.2, SAMSUNG TV, VIZIO TV, SONY TV, LG TV PLAYER (ADVANCE USERS ONLY, SEE PHOTO BELOW )

Works Like A Charm With The aVia Media Player, ViMu (GTVBox), Plex, PlexPass and just about ALL Google TV media players, including the Vizio Co-Star on board PlayPoint DLNA/UPNP media player ...

WORKS LIKE A CHARM, SMOOTH AS SILK

NEW UPDATED 2012/2013 Serviio V1.2 Profile.xml file (SEE Photo Below)

They are four (4) different Serviio Profiles for the Vizio Co-Star, you can get all the latest Serviio Profile for the Vizio Co-Star all-in-one package .....

1.\ You can get the NEW (UPDATED 2012/2013 v1.2) Serviio Profile (DLNA/UPNP) For The Vizio Co-Star (See Photo Below), already packaged into the NEW original 2012/2013 Serviio Profiles package (Profile.xml) ...

GET THE DOWNLOAD LINKS HERE http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...o-star-reviews-your-hands-experience-133.html

*Mkv Files NOW Works Like A Charm With The aVia Media Player, ViMu (GTVBox), Plex, PlexPass and just about ALL Google TV media players, including the Vizio Co-Star on board PlayPoint DLNA/UPNP media player With Mp3 Audio or transcoded by the Serviio Server and AC3 audio with a AV box doing the *(EXTERNAL) transcoding ......!BooYaaaah

*The advantage of the Serviio Profile (DLNA/UPNP) For The Vizio Co-Star, it gives you the technology to play (Mkv Files With Mp3 Audio), plus it has Mp4, Avi and Mpegts containers built IN or again transcoded by the Serviio Server or (EXTERNAL DECODER) ...

Simple Instructions:

1.\ First Install the Serviio server to your PC/Laptop, (Windows 7/8) get it HERE Download .....

2.\ Download the NEW FOR (VIZIO CO-STAR) 2012/2013 Serviio Profilies.xml zip file from HERE Serviio Profiles.xml.zip ....

Unzip the Serviio Profiles.xml.zip file on your PC/Laptop, copy the file to >Program Files> Serviio> config> and just overwrite the config Profiles.xml file that's already there and restart your PC/Laptop ... (Open The Config Folder, There You Will See The "Profiles.XML File", Overwrite It)

Once your PC/Latop is back up, open the Serviio server console, set up your Vizio Co-star profile via the drop menu on the line that says "Local Player" or use the "IP address of your Vizio Co-Star", the green dot should be there too (See Photo below) ...

3.\ You can copy my Vizio Co-Star Profiles (Code) below and make you own Serviio v1.2 Co-Star profiles ....

<Profile id="150" name="Vizio Costar" extendsProfileId="1">
    <Transcoding>
    <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="mp3" aBitrate="320" forceInheritance="true">
    <Matches container="matroska" />
    <Matches container="mpegts" />
    <Matches container="mpeg" />
    <Matches container="avi" />
    <Matches container="mp4" />
    </Video>
    </Transcoding>
    </Profile>

<Profile id="151" name="Vizio Costarac3" extendsProfileId="1">
    <Transcoding>
    <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="320" forceInheritance="true">
    <Matches container="mpegts" />
    <Matches container="mpeg" />
    <Matches container="avi" />
    <Matches container="mp4" />
    </Video>
    </Transcoding>
    </Profile>

<Profile id="152" name="Vizio CostarCodecpak" extendsProfileId="1">
    <Transcoding>
    <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="mp3" aBitrate="320" forceInheritance="true">
    <Matches container="matroska" aCodec="ac3" />
    <Matches container="matroska" aCodec="dca" />
    <Matches container="mpegts" aCodec="ac3" />
    <Matches container="mpegts" aCodec="dca" />
    <Matches container="mp4" aCodec="ac3" />
    <Matches container="mp4" aCodec="dca" />
    <Matches container="avi" aCodec="ac3" />
    <Matches container="avi" aCodec="dca" />
    </Video>
    </Transcoding>
    </Profile>

<Profile id="153" name="Vizio CostarMkvMp3" extendsProfileId="1">
    <Transcoding>
    </Video>
    </Transcoding>
    </Profile>
    </Profiles>

*A New Vizio Co-Star PrimeTime Quick Guide (FIX) Easy Photo Walk Through Set Up Guide Is Now Available HERE http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-quick-guide-fix-thanks-zach-vizio-corp.html ....

If any Vizio Co-Star owner wants to know the SECRET things, Tips and tools for the Vizio Co-Star that's not written in the Vizio Co-Star Owners Manual, go to the NEW (UPDATED) "Vizio Co-Star Bible", Well Over A 100,000 Viewers, (In The Beginning Knowledge Is Power) HERE http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...io-co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience.html ...!

*I DON"T BELIEVE I HAVE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PLAYING MPEG2 FILES ON A PC, ALTHOUGH I COULD IF I WANTED TOO ... THAT'S EXACTLY THE REASON I DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY DON"T OWN A CO-STAR ....!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  7. ChrisG8

Ha, so you use a PC to play MPEG-2 files? Exactly how does that make my statement wrong? I can attach a hard drive with MPEG-2 files and play the files using a Sony NSZ-GT1 and Sony NSZ-GS7, go ahead and do that with your Co-Star Wisdom.

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I'm going to repeat what I said, I don't have a problem playing MPEG2 file format on my Co-Stars, all of my TV episodes are in MPEG2 file format ...

That's the reason I don't listen to people who say they don't own a Co-Star and you don't see anywhere above that I said, I play MPEG2 file format with a PC ... I have not said anything either about using the above profiles codes to play MPEG2 file formats either ... I said I play MPEG2 file format with my Co-Stars, now what part about that you don't understand ...

If you don't own a Co-Star, you need to stop telling people what a Co-Star will do and wont do, that's common sense man ...

If I did not own a Co-Star, I would not even be in the Co-Star forum community, unless I had some positive to offer the Co-Star community ....

You are more interested in bashing the Co-star, arguments, trying to prove your point to make yourself look good, dude please ...

Look at CatFishRivers, he doesn't own a Co-Star, but he brings positive things about the Co-Star to the Co-Star forum community and links to good news about the Co-Star, you don't do that, naw ... Man stop your mess please ....!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  9. ChrisG8

The fact remains what I stated was correct, the Co-Star does not have MPEG-2 support and must rely on another device in house with MPEG-2 support to play the files, most people will use a PC. I don't have a Co-Star because I know what it can't do. Google TV models with MPEG-2 support can play the files directly and can play the plays using a DLNA server without transcoding, big advantage if you want to play a lot of MPEG-2 files in my opinion.

10. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

Actually, it does. I snagged Vimu and it plays MPEG2 files directly from my ftp server just as my Nexus does using MX Player.

In fact, if you look at the url you posted in response to my op, you'll see MPEG2 support listed under Costar.

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

You cannot tell him anything he know it all, I was not going to tell him about the ViMu (GTVBox) can play MPEG2 files, because he knows so much ... What makes it so bad, the dude don't even own a Co-Star ...(l0l):cool:

12. ChrisG8

I am sorry, it is the Logitech Revue with no MPEG-2 support, relying on my memory was not reliable. I didn't even look at the link I provided.