Quantcast

MP4 video files will only play audio on the Revue, the video is blank - Help!

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Tools33, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Tools33

Tools33 New Member

I had (still have) a WD Live TV Streaming Media Player which I am using to stream MP4 movie files to my big screen HDTV. This little player worked fine, but I wanted more functionality, which the Logitech Revue seemed to offer. I was hoping to do more than just stream MP4 files (e.g. run my DirecTv receiver through it, search the web, use Google apps, etc.).

However, playing the MP4 movie files would still be my main objective. I have many movie files in MP4 format. The MP4 format was chosen for the Android Galaxy Tablet. They all play fine on both my tablets, and on a WD TV Live Media Streaming Player to my big screen HDTV.

My issue: on the Logitech Revue feeding the same HDTV, only the audio plays, the video is a blank (dark) screen. If I convert the file to H264, both video and audio play on the Revue, but the problem is; the files are much larger (30% average), the video quality is no better (original format is 720 X 480), and I have many files I do not want to have to put redundant work in to convert.

I have tried the ES Media Player, Avia Player, and the GTVBox Media Player apps on the Revue - all do the same thing (audio but no video). If an inexpensive little box like the WD TV Live Player will play the files, why can't Logitech come up with a way to play these files on the Revue? I have tried three tablets and all of them will play these MP4 files in their current format (Asus TFT300, Galaxy, and Kindle Fire HD).

Am I missing something? Is there a way to play these MP4 files I already have on Hard Drives, on the Revue, so I can use this box as I had intended? Can anyone help?