Quantcast

MP3 Player/Blackberry 8520/Google TV

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by guest, Oct 12, 2012.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I've been asked to purchase an MP3 Player as a gift. I know very little about the technology.
    I'm considering buying this one based on a CNET review. Amazon.com: SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player SDMX22-004G-A57K - Black: MP3 Players & Accessories

The person that will receive the gift already has a Blackberry 8520. A Google search indicates that the 8520 also has MP3 capability.

Re: MP3 on 8520 Curve?
    09-24-2009 01:04 PM
    Hi, im new to blackberry as well. To answer your question, MP3 files can be played on the 8520. You can hook your phone to a PC using the USB cable. When you do that you should get a message on your phone, saying, "Do You want to turn on mass storage mode?" Click yes on your phone. Then go to "My computer" on your PC and there should be a folder named "Blackberry". Click the folder, then keep clicking until you find a folder that says "music". Click into that, then click "media sync" and copy a song into that folder. Then close the folder and check your phone, the song should be in the music player. Just repeat these steps to put more music on. Hope this helps!

Re: MP3 on 8520 Curve? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

My question is whether the Blackberry 8520 can receive a transfer of MP3 music from the internet using a Google TV. (I'm using a Logitech.) Thanks.

2. guest

guest Active Member

After doing some some further research, I'm leaning toward the 5th Generation iPod Shuffle. Amazon.com: Apple iPod shuffle 2GB Purple NEWEST MODEL: MP3 Players & Accessories

But whether we use it or the Blackberry 8520, we'd like to use them in conjunction with Google TV rather than having to use a cybercafe's computer.

P.S. - To anyone that uses the iPod Shuffle, are you locked into only using music from the Apple iTunes store?