Quantcast

MP3/iPod Shuffle

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by guest, Oct 27, 2012.

1. guest

guest Active Member

Is the loading of an iPod Shuffle with MP3 music beyond the capabilities of a Google TV?

2. guest

guest Active Member

Does no one in this group have the technical know-how to answer this question one way or the other?

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

4. guest

guest Active Member

The developer of the application wrote the following when I asked about this issue:

"I'm not sure who told you that, but the answer is no. Airtight is for streaming content on iOS devices onto a Google TV. Not the other way around. And definitely not for devices like the iPod Shuffle which don't support AirPlay."

5. callanish

callanish Member

Obviously this response in no way addresses your issue, but couldn't uploading your mp3's to google music allow you to accomplish what you are trying to do? Rather than get a music player to interact with googletv, wouldn't it be easier to make google tv your music hub using google music.

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Sorry I misread your original post. For some reason I thought you were interested in streaming music from your ipod to your GTV device. But now I see you clearly stated "loading" an ipod shuffle with music. My bad.

There are ways to load an ipod shuffle without the use of iTunes. There are some applications/programs such as ishuffle, WinAmp, MediaMonkey, Floola. and a few others that will allow you to load MP3s onto Ipod shuffle. However to the best of my knowledge these applications/programs require a computer. The WinAmp for android app is not compatible with my Logitech Revue. Sorry I'm unable to test sideloading it onto my Revue.

Here's a thread with an explanation:

Using The Apple iPod Shuffle Without iTunes

• Like Like x 2
  7. callanish

callanish Member

....and I misread the original post wrong as well, so that clears that up.

Good catch CatfishRivers......sorry, I couldn't resist the fishing pun.

8. guest

guest Active Member

Google Music is only available in the United States. I would have liked to use it, but can't. Anonymizing my IP address is beyond my technical know-how. The recommendations of ishuffle, WinAmp, MediaMonkey, Floola and Copy Trans Manager from "Using The Apple iPod Shuffle Without iTunes", mentioned by catfishrivers, are possibilities. The iShuffle may only work with the 2nd generation or lower iPod Shuffles. I've got the 4th generation. Mediamonkey was mentioned most favorably and as being the simplest to use. Searching Mediamonkey on Google Play Store produced four hits, but they are not related to iPod music. Perhaps it's side-loadable? (I'll have to research how you go about side-loading.)

Edit: Winamp was mentioned very favorably, as well. And an application for it is available, too. If I can put Winamp on Google TV, I need to then deal with the mechanics of placing MP3 music on Winamp and then transferring it to the Shuffle.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  9. guest

guest Active Member

When I go to Google Music, I get this message: "We're sorry. The Google Play music player is currently only available in the United States." But I did notice this blurb: "Shop for millions of songs from your favorite artists, including hundreds of free tracks from the biggest names in Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, and more. Add up to 20,000 songs from your personal music library free. Listen anywhere."

So you can set up a personal music library. I think that's what I need to do, consolidate all my MP3 music (I don't have any at the moment!), then download it into the Ipod Shuffle. I'd like to use the personal music library of MediaMonkey, since Google Music is off-limits. The problem is that Google Music contains millions of songs that you could pick and choose from for your personal music library. I don't think MediaMonkey has any music to select from! You have to import your own. So my question is where do you go to aggregate MP3 music for placement into the "personal music library" of MediaMonkey? Thanks

10. callanish

callanish Member

I honestly don't know the answer to that one. Doing something like what you are trying to do through google tv is way above my pay grade. What I can tell you is I read around a week ago that google music is being opened up to other countries around the world. I believe Nov 6th is the release date. You might want to look into that to see if your country of origin is included. Unfortunately, I just don't have any experience with MediaMonkey. Hopefully someone that reads this does.

I can tell you that Google music has made it really easy for me to pick and choose from my large 'cloud' music collection, which took me quite a while to upload, and easily download those songs straight to my Sansa clip, but I'm using a P.C for that.

• Like Like x 2