Quantcast

Moving On:

Discussion in 'More News from Your Google TV News Team' started by Rickaren, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

My Perspective:

Hopefully you are enjoying your present Logitech Revue Google TV set-top box, and looking forward to its final update to 2.0 shortly.

I paid $249 for my unit and have never looked back. It works for my needs and even before it is updated has not been a failure as the press states, sometimes. With the latest updating and the final for this box, it should function for several more years and not a poor investment in my view. However, whatever improvements or glitches we end up with will be what we have to live with for the future, thanks to Logitech NOT supporting it any further.

On a more positive note maybe present Sony Google TV units could receive future refinements.

If you are considering purchasing another discontinued Logitech Revue set-top box as a back-up or spare it might not be the best decision, in my opinion.

GOOGLE TV isn’t dead, it has a bright future!

I suspect that as early as one year from now, you may be able to purchase a great, much improved, high performance gaming console type Google TV unit, manufactured by Motorola (hopefully a Google Company by then) or some other manufacture. It would be most positive if it would be a Google controlled company so they could control the updating of their product, that in the present updating of the Logitech box, they don’t. In the present situation, only the hardware manufacturer controls updating Google TV timetable.

This is just the beginning of Google TV with future GTV boxes hardware built with hi-performance ARM chips for game use.
    If you still desire to purchase another present Logitech set-top box I would check and see if it is possible to purchase one with the newer 2.0 update factory installed as has been suggested here:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ew-improved-google-tv-android-3-1-market.html

Enjoy what GTV product you presently have and with any luck now, and looking forward that it will continue to work and that Google TV will be there in the future too!

NOTE: After being involved early on as somewhat of a founding member here, I find it is time to move on to another effort. This “Site” has grown to adding 40 new members daily and is one of the best organized and professionally ran sites I have had the pleasure to serve. I have never seen any “Discussion Group” Site invest the time and effort as SparkyScott21 to eliminate SPAM from new members signing in here, or Administrators that really listen to improvement suggestions. These are all performed out-of-view from the regular membership. You are in good hands here and I am very pleased to have been involved and witness this transition from start-up to now a leader in all about Google TV.

Good luck to this Site, members, and the bright future of Google TV, plus “Happy Holidays” to all.

Sincerely,

• Like Like x 20
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Thanks, Rickaren. You're news posts have been invaluable to growth of this website. Honestly, I wish you wouldn't leave us nor abandon us like Logitech. :(

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Thanks Riackaren. I appreciated all the effort that you put into making the forum a better place. Sorry to see you go. Good Luck!

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I appreciated all your news and help as well Rickaren - Your news will be missed :(
    Trallyus

5. MStrawder

MStrawder New Member

Yes, thank you. Good luck in your other ventures.

6. gtaguy

gtaguy New Member

I hope this is not a true farewell. between you and eferz you guys made this site a place to want to visit on a daily basis.. Hope to see you come back soon after your initial anger diminishes.. :) thanks again for all the great info and newz you brought to the community..

• Like Like x 2
  7. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

thanks for cool work keeping the news flowing and stuff.. lots of good solid info...
    and happy holidays!

8. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

All I can say here is, WOW!!

I didn't think this day was ever going to come into fruition as soon as it has.

All of us here, including the Mods. and the Admins, basically started within weeks of each other, and I consider you as part of the Google family,
    to which am sorry to see you leave here.

This news basically floored me when I found out about it in the " backroom ".

I just assumed we were all going to be a part here, and took it all for granted...

I think I can speak for everybody in this whole forum by saying, you will indeed be irreplaceable here, with all your work you have put in here,
    and very sad to see this day, without a doubt.

I know you might be stepping down, (still hoping to see you from time to time), but, truly, nobody will ever fill your shoes here.

Saying you will be missed, in a huge understatement, period!

Honestly, the time you put in here, is far more noticeable than anybody realizes..
    I wish I could hold a candle with what time you put in here, as it is far more than I could ever do!!

Also Rick, you should be given a lot more credit than you know here, and we don't deserve nearly the credit as you.

I thought you would buy a Sony, and be around a lot longer.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

P.S.

One of the main reasons we are a leader in all about Google TV, is because you were here contributing as MUCH AS YOU DID..

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  9. dandroid

dandroid Administrator Staff Member

Hey Rick, Thank you for the countless hours you've contributed to Google TV Forums. We truly have built the best resource on the web for Google TV enthusiasts and you have been a big part of it. I hope we still see you around!

10. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

Rick,

Your contributions here were (and are, and will continue to be) much appreciated. Thanks for everything you did for the community, we will not forget. Hope you continue to check in on us from time to time! Thanks again for everything!