Quantcast

Movies and TV updated to Prime Time

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by googlethis, Nov 14, 2012.

1. googlethis

googlethis New Member

Just saw there was an uypdate to the TV and Movies app and it is now called Prime Time. Here is the changes

- Quick Guide (phased rollout)
    - show and movie pages that are simpler and easier to use
    - improved live TV ranking
    - performance improvements
    - fix for results not appearing when working with malfunctioning routers
    - renamed the app

Did anyone get the Quick Guide? I don't see it yet.

2. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

I am wondering how to access the quick guide on the Sony blu ray NSZ-gt1. Also there was a voice search function included in this update too. But not for all models.

3. googlethis

googlethis New Member

I've got the Sony NSZ-GS7.
    It says the Quick Guide is a phased rollout so I guess it will appear later for some of us?

4. gfunk01

gfunk01 New Member

Greg from the GTV team here... yes, we're phasing the rollout of the Quick Guide feature (likely over the next week though it depends on what we see on our dashboards). We're trying to make sure it works well before we push it to 100% of end users. It will be available on *all* devices.

You'll get to the Quick Guide by pressing the "guide" key (you can switch guide back permanently in options if you decide against using it though there is a soft key to get to the traditional channel guide inside Quick Guide).

5. googlethis

googlethis New Member

So if I am using my Directv DVR hooked to the Sony NSZ GS7 and I am watching tv and hit the guide button I will see the quick guide instead of the Directv guide? What soft buton would I have to press to see the Directv guide then? Can we switch it to keep the guide button for the directv guide and whatever other button for the Google TV quick guide? My family is used to the guide button being for the Directv box so it would be nice to have that option to make the quick guide another button. Maybe double click quickly on the guide button to bring up the quick guide?
    Or do you mean by soft button, you would press the guide button then on the tv you could select either the quick guide or the normal Directv guide? If so I would love it if we could just double click the guide button and see the new guide and single press to use it as we do now. Is that even possible?

Also as for the voice search, the NSZ GS7 of course has no mic but could we use the google tv remote app for the phone and then use the phone as the mic? Or will the voice search only be for the LG TV?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  6. Aslan442

Aslan442 New Member

It would be nice if we will get prime time but seeing as we don't even have the original app installed on a UK Box all we have is a half baked version of Google tv outside of the USA it should be available to all not just a few.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

7. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

I am liking the new Prime Time. I noticed it in the Google Play store and updated it from there. The way it integrates live TV is very nice. Gone is the need to know even what channel you are watching. Currently playing shows are displayed as covers in categories, much like one would pick out a video. One nice feature is that if you select more info to browse a series, then click an episode, it will show you if it will be playing on broadcast TV in the next week. I did not get the Quick Guide yet, but I look forward to having something associated with the Guide key, since I do not use cable.

8. jesseps

jesseps New Member

I do hope, someone finds a way to upload the Primetime app to the internet.

9. chopper

chopper Active Member

It would be nice if this worked in Canada?

10. sano614

sano614 New Member

I have this on my Logitech Revue now, but every time I try to open it, it Force Closes after 3 seconds or so... I've tried a restart but that didn't help..

Anyone have any ideas?

11. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try going to your settings and "force stop" and then "clear all data" from the TV & movies app.