Quantcast

Movie=No Sound

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Shonzz, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Shonzz

Shonzz New Member

I just set the device up and everything went very smooth and I have sound in all functions, including Pandora, but when I navigate to my network storage and open and play a movie, it plays just fine, but no sound on high def movies, ie: .mkv files. The movies that are .avi files work fine.

I'm on a gigabit home network, the sound goes through my A/V receiver and is connected through an optical cable. I went through all the settings, but couldn't find any appropriate setting to correct the problem.

Anybody have this problem? Sadly the only reason that I purchased this was to watch my vast movie library files.

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide...

Shon

PS: Does anybody have any idea when Google is going to release the new software? (I know, the million dollar question)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

mkv files are a container (just like avi) with a video and audio file (or more) contained in it. At this time, Revue only plays audio in these files that is in AAC format. Evidently your avi files that you have played so far are encoded that way. There is a small program that you can use to see what's in these files, though I dont know the name of it right this minute because it's on my home comp and i'm at work at the moment. But you can use Format Factory (free) to convert your incompatible files to compatible ones until the Revue is updated and some of these issues might be fixed. Someone will prob chime in with the viewing program.

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

4. Shonzz

Shonzz New Member

Thank you very much for your reply and info, I really appreciate it. I have over 400 movies and I'm not about to convert all of them just to make this work; I can go back to using my PC.

5. Shonzz

Shonzz New Member

Thanks a million for the info, Eferz....

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

In lieu of converting your movies, you can also use a DNLA server which offers`on-the-fly transcoding.

7. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

I just tried using Metax on Window 7, but it keeps crashing when I try to open any MP4 file. Any other recommendation for a free tool to tag and embed cover art on MP4s?

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

iTunes does it too but it isn't as "friendly" as MetaX.

9. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

Thanks, but I'm not an Apple fan... I got MetaX to work on another laptop running Win7 x32. I guess the problems I was having were related to running MetaX on Win7 x64.