Quantcast

Mouse

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by gdstuart, Jan 11, 2011.

1. gdstuart

gdstuart New Member

The trackball mouse is worse than useless. I get a cramp trying to click on anything.

Sony tells me they don't support an external mouse. But they told me I couldn't play back movies from my hard drive, and that of course was a big fib....

Anyone get some sort of real mouse to work yet on the NSZ-GT1?

2. sprank1

sprank1 New Member

I can't speak for the set-top box version of Sony Google TV, but I did get a Microsoft Arc mouse to work pefectly with my 40" Google TV. I just had to plug the USB receiver into the TV and the mouse worked perfectly. It makes things much easier.

3. harley man

harley man New Member

you could also get the logitech full size keyboard that is made for the revue it is 99.00 it works very well i love it

4. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    I am using a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse with my Sony 40" GTV, I plugged the USB cable into one of the 4 USB ports on the side. It just worked, no drivers where required. If you have a USB mouse try plugging it in, then turn off your Sony Box and back on. This might help the box recognize the mouse.

Hope this helps :)

5. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

gdstuart,
    Also if you have a Android phone you can download the GTV App. I find this to be more user friendly then the Sony remote.

There's always a way :)

6. CircusDad

CircusDad New Member

I might be the only one out there that actually likes the sony remote better then the logitec but never mind that.....

I have tried it and all I had to do was plug a USB mouse into the Sony blu ray box and it recognized it right away. No drivers required. No reboot required.

7. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Love the Sony Remote :) It has a learning curve...but once you get it.......you really get it :)

Sony 40" GTV

8. gdstuart

gdstuart New Member

I like what it does, but several things just don't work, like the purple Fn key. Supposed to control the DVD functions, but no go. I have to press the button on the unit to eject a DVD.

9. gdstuart

gdstuart New Member

Great news! Not so with my MS mouse/keyboard, but maybe others would work. What brand/model did you plug in?

I also did not try restarting the box...maybe then my MS mouse would work.

10. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

I use the Microsoft Arc wireless keyboard and a generic wireless mouse with my Sony Blu-ray box and they work fine.

11. bobbalinks

bobbalinks New Member

I purchased Logitech MK700/MK710 wireless keyboard/mouse. I plugged the wireless receiver into the rear usb port and immediately I was able to use a standard mouse! Further, through experimentation, I found the keyboard actions that performed most of the actions of the small white controller. For example, F2 takes you to "home" and F3 steps one screen back, etc.

I found the scroll, zoom and mouse actions of the white remote virtually useless.

Hope this helps. If you want additional key combinations, just email me. Hope this helps.

Bob Lake
    bobbalinks@gmail.com

12. gdstuart

gdstuart New Member

My Microsoft USB mouse/keyboard is working well, and I'm gong to start experimenting with the F keys like you did. It's still a pain to have four remotes on the table.

Geoff