Quantcast

MOG streaming music app on GTV?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Tye, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Tye

Tye Member

Just bought GTV a couple of days ago. Finally got time to play with it today.
    I'm a MOG subscriber. Their forums say there is a MOG app for GTV but I can't find it anywhere and their support isn't replying to my question.
    Does anyone know if there is a working MOG app available? If so, where can I find the .apk so I can try sideloading?
    Thanks!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I believe for Google TV, they're actually referring to the webapp at http://mog.com/m/

3. Axe_Man

Axe_Man New Member

I tried finding the app also unsuccessfully. I have found that the mobile site works perfectly fine just as an app would.

4. Tye

Tye Member

Hmm, thanks, all. Bummer. The website *does* work fine in Chrome but I was hoping to be able to run music in the background and make use of the widget on the home screen.
    I wish I could import Google's TV & Movies search integration into my regular HTPC setup. Every system I try works decently but nothing really seems to hit a homerun.

5. Tye

Tye Member

Follow up for anyone else that runs across this thread.
    MOG contacted me and confirmed that the MOG app was for a previous version of Google TV. It is not currently available for GTV 2. They did not say one way or the other that a new version is planned.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sorry but I call, "balderdash", on their explanation. The original version of Google TV did not have an Android Market. So, you could not install any third-party applications whatsoever. You were limited to the apps which were preinstalled (and MOG wasn't one of them) or web links in the Spotlight Gallery. It wasn't until Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) aka GTV2 were we able to install apps locally.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tye

Tye Member

Interesting. I wondered about that but I'm still quite new to the Revue. One of the primary reasons that I bought the Revue was because of the announcement regarding the availability of the Android Market. Now I'm tempted to write them back and ask for clarification because I have seen MOG listed as available on GTV.
    I bought the review because I was tired of tinkering with my HTPC set up. Unfortunately, I seem to be running into just as many (but different) issues. I know, broken record, here.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tye

Tye Member

Additional link for anyone else wondering about this... Below are two MOG support questions which say it's available. I was basically told the same in a private thread.

support.mog.com /discussions/questions/1672-mog-on-google-tv
    support.mog.com /discussions/questions/2173-mog-on-google-tv

Sorry I had to add a space to the links because I don't have 10 posts yet.

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Heh, someone else obviously called him out in his own B.S.

Apparently, Nate is the kind of technical support person that likes to give out information before verifying it. The funny thing about this whole thing is that you couldn't install apps without the Android Market that came with the Honeycomb update. Unless he was referring about the developer's leak, the Honeycomb update was first released at the end of October / beginning of November for Sony's Google TV devices. Long after either discussions were posted. Maybe Nate is the kind of guy who thinks making a bookmark is the same thing as installing an app. In any case, I'm disappointed with his "level of expertise".

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011