Quantcast

MLB.TV and GTV

Discussion in 'Sony NSZ-GT1' started by KLINK, Mar 18, 2013.

1. KLINK

KLINK New Member

GTV is not one of the compatible devices listed at mlb.tv. Will my Sony NSZ-GT1 work on their site? It says that you need the NexDef plugin to get many of the features like HD. Can I get HD on my GTV box without it?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I researched this and MLB.TV works on the Logitech Revue with the Chrome browser. However it won't be in HD and you cannot use the NextDef plugin. The Sony NSZ-GT1 is on the same GTV OS update version as the Logitech Revue - so I would expect it to function the same as the Revue with MLB.TV (works with the browser but no HD). In case you're interested here are a few threads about it:

Will MLB.TV work with Revue? - Logitech Forums

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/5478-mlb-tv-revue-box.html

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

According to the MLB.TV FAQ web page - the system requirements are Chrome 11 (or higher) and Flash 10 (or higher). GTV devices have Chrome 11 and Flash 10.2 - so as I mentioned it should work in standard definition with the GTV Chrome browser:

MLB.com FAQs | MLB.com: Help

4. KLINK

KLINK New Member

Thanks for the info.

No HD is a deal breaker. I'll just have to stick with the MLBEI package on my Tivo.