Quantcast

MLB at Bat 2012?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by parsonsmiami, Mar 29, 2012.

1. parsonsmiami

parsonsmiami New Member

Will this app be available for GTV? I'm a bit surprised that the mlb.tv website lists all other devices (Apple TV, Roku, LG Samsung, etc.) BUT GTV. I have the set-top GTV box and the Sony 40" GTV. Any news is greatly appreciated.

2. ytorf

ytorf New Member

I've been looking for info about it, too, and haven't seen anything. I was able to watch a spring training game through Chrome on my GTV, though, and it worked fine.

3. parsonsmiami

parsonsmiami New Member

I have a PS3 and it works great on that; wonderful UI. But what I don't understand is why it's not available for GTV. Of course I could just hook my computer up to the TV but doesn't that sort of defeat the whole purpose of GTV? Loved this thing when I first got it but a bit now I'm disappointed. It seems GTV could do a lot more than it does. When it comes time to get a new TV, guess I'll spend my $ on a Samsung or LG.

4. ytorf

ytorf New Member

There's definitely a lot of untapped potential with GoogleTV, which is a shame. My guess as to why there isn't a GTV specific app is 1) they made the android app possibly thinking Google TV would be covered under it and 2) when they realized it wasn't the extra market they were gaining from it was too small to justify the labor. I think that's going to be a problem with a lot of new apps going forward.

But like I said, I was able to use the Chrome browser on my Google TV (no computer hookup required) and MLB.tv worked fine.

5. Mar

Mar New Member

Me too. It was a gorgeous 1080P picture. An app would be nice, but I can live without it.

BTW, I've had the Flash plug-in crash a couple of times and interrupt the game broadcast. You can reduce the chances of that happening by doing a hard reset (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) before you open the MLB.TV page. That frees up memory for the browser and the plug-in.

6. madman999

madman999 Member

with Android Apps, we just need someone to try it. if anybody is a MLB.TV subscriber, get the the Android App and sideload it to your GTV device(revue, sony GTV or blue ray player or whatever you have) and let us know if it works. just because it does not show up in the market/play store does not mean it won;t work.

I think the Android App is something like 14.99$ but you also need an actual MLB.TV subscription to stream live games. the cost is something like 109.99 to 124.99 yearly depending on level of subscription.

you never know, if it;s flash based it just might work.

Amazon app store had MLB.TV 2011 as their free app of the dat back in september of last year. if they offer it again, i will try it out.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  7. DixonButz

DixonButz New Member

I have sideloaded AtBat Lite and AtBat on a Sony GTV. It works but can't watch live video. No TV icon in the upper right corner.
    It would look like crap if it worked anyway. The video quality on my 9.7" tab is not that good. Magnifying that on a TV would look really bad.
    I can watch the video highlights. They look like ass.
    Best you could do in Chrome is 540P. Doesn't look that good on my 42". I have an ATV 3 that will do MLB at 720. Looks much better.
    GTV would need it's own MLB app like ATV, PS3 ect.

8. bp_

bp_ New Member

I have also sideloaded At Bat (the 14.99 VERSION) and there is no video.

9. jkabaseball

jkabaseball New Member

if you change your build.prop to a supported android device, it may work. That's what I do for any unsupported Android devices I have.

10. DixonButz

DixonButz New Member

MLB at bat for android is sh1t!
    You can't watch archived games.
    No HD streams! Confirmed on their forums. Video is blocky and choppy. Looks like crap!
    No score overlays.
    Ect.

I loaded MLB at bat on my wifes Ipad yesterday and holy **** it is fantastic!
    720 HD streams. Super smooth video. So easy to switch games. Easy to control overlays. Scrollable score ticker. Archived games in HD. List goes on and on.

11. bp_

bp_ New Member

I sideloaded the newest version of this and now the video icon is there and I get a warning that I am trying to watch on an untested device but it lets me proceed. Unfortunately it won't start playing the video feed after that.