Quantcast

MKV's with AC3 update

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by kingzope, Oct 26, 2012.

1. kingzope

kingzope New Member

Is it at all possible to get MKVs to play with AC3 audio without buying a new receiver? Meaning could a root or firmware update fix it? I have absolutely tons of MKVs and it appears all of them have AC3 audio. The 720p video will play but the audio won't work. The 1080p video flat out doesn't work. I bought GTVbox hoping it would work but it doesn't help. I owned a WDTV before the co-star and all my videos played on it. The fact that I can't get a single one of my MKVs to play has rendered the co-star pretty much useless for me. So that's why I'm wondering if it's possible it will ever work. If not than I'll have to sell it and go another route.

2. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Your receiver doesn't support dolby digital? Or is that Co-Star not passing it through?

3. degsie

degsie Member

Until vizio comes up with a fix (which I believe is in the pipeline) you can try the Serviio audio only transcoding route others are using. It is a bit silly that the co-star doesn't support ac3 :mad:

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  4. kingzope

kingzope New Member

I had no idea they would be supporting it in the future. If that's the case, that would make me happy. Transcoding is out of the picture for me. I've done it before and had too many problems. My files are just too big.